|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pegeen's wedding is on hold until her fiance receives:
(a) An endowment.
(b) Her father's blessing.
(c) A job.
(d) Dispensation from the Holy Father.
2. Christy describes himself to Pegeen and the men as:
(a) A ladies man.
(b) A simple, God fearing, farm boy.
(c) A Godforsaken orphan.
(d) His Mother's favorite.
3. As Michael James meets and converses with Christy, he addresses him as:
(a) Mister honey.
(b) Queer lad.
(c) Divil boy.
4. The Widow Quin tells Christy that Pegeen is:
(a) Engaged to be married.
(b) A Widow herself.
(c) Not a christian.
5. Pegeen is like her father in that they are both:
(c) Kind hearted.
Short Answer Questions
1. Considering the Irish dialect used by the author, the term "da" means:
2. Michael offers Christy a job as:
3. At the beginning of Act 1, Pegeen is complaining because:
4. When Pegeen and the men hear Christy's secret, they are:
5. Pegeen's discussion with Christy after her father leaves is interrupted by:
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Widow Quin try to convince the others that Old Mahon is crazy?
2. Describe Pegeen's personality.
3. Describe the mood in Act 1.
4. What does Christy fight with his father about that results in Christy hitting him over the head?
5. What is Pegeen's reason for refusing to help Christy escape?
6. Why does the Widow Quin feel she would be a better fit for Christy than Pegeen?
7. What does Pegeen lament at the end of the play?
8. What does Pegeen imagine Christy's life must have been like before she meets him?
9. What change occurs in Christy and Old Mahon's relationship by the end of the act?
10. What is Shawn afraid of?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)