|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do both Shawn and Michael James claim to hear from a ditch on the side of the road that evening?
(a) A wolf howling.
(b) Someone groaning.
(d) A rabid dog growling.
2. Christy is served a supper of:
(a) Meat and water.
(b) Beer and cheese.
(c) Bread and milk.
(d) Wine and cheese.
3. Christy committed the murder by:
(a) Shooting the victim.
(b) Stabbing the victim with a knife.
(c) Strangling the victim.
(d) Dropping a loy on the victim's skull.
4. There is a rivalry for Christy's attentions between:
(a) Margaret and Shaneen.
(b) Pegeen and the Widow Quin.
(c) The Widow Quin and Shaneen.
(d) Pegeen and Sarah Tansey.
5. Pegeen's formal name is:
(a) Margaret Flaherty.
(b) Sara Tansey.
(c) Widow Quin.
(d) Pegeen Mike.
Short Answer Questions
1. Christy tells Pegeen that his father:
2. A "shebeen" is a:
3. A second rivalry in act one involves:
4. One of Christy favorite pastimes after working hard all day on the farm is:
5. The length of time covered in Act 1 is:
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the relationship between Pegeen and her father, Michael.
2. What is Shawn afraid of?
3. What is Christy's reaction when his father enters the pub?
4. Describe the manner in which Pegeen treats Shawn and explain why.
5. What does Pegeen imagine Christy's life must have been like before she meets him?
6. Describe the Widow Quin's character in terms of doing people favors.
7. What does the Widow Quin mean when she calls Christy "The Playboy of the Western World?"
8. What is Pegeen's job?
9. Describe Shawn's reaction to Christy being offered the job as potboy.
10. Why won't Christy run to avoid the crowd that wants to hang him?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)