|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pegeen attempts to discredit the Widow Quin by accusing her of:
(a) Killing her father.
(b) Being a spy for Father Reilly.
(c) Burying her husband.
(d) Poaching chickens.
2. When the characters use the term "himself" they are referring to:
(c) The master of the house.
(d) A widow's dead husband.
3. As Michael James meets and converses with Christy, he addresses him as:
(a) Divil boy.
(b) Queer lad.
(d) Mister honey.
4. Pegeen's discussion with Christy after her father leaves is interrupted by:
(a) The peelers.
(b) Old Mahon.
(d) The Widow Quin.
5. A characteristic of Pegeen's personality that appears often is her:
Short Answer Questions
1. Christy is served a supper of:
2. In his first conversation with Pegeen, Shawn's character is revealed as that of a:
3. Christy responds to Pegeen with, "We're alike so" after she tells him:
4. A second rivalry in act one involves:
5. Shawn is mocked by Pegeen and her father because:
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the irony in the villagers enthusiasm and acceptance of Christy Mahon.
2. Describe Pegeen's personality.
3. Why does Shawn refuse to stay with Pegeen, even after Michael Flaherty tries to force him to stay?
4. What gives Christy "a new arrogance?"
5. What changes Pegeen's mind about marriage to Christy?
6. Why is dispensation needed for Shawn to marry Pegeen?
7. What is Pegeen's reason for refusing to help Christy escape?
8. Describe Pegeen's response when Christy asks twice if she is engaged.
9. What plan do Christy and the Widow devise when Old Mahon comes to town looking for Christy?
10. Describe the manner in which Pegeen treats Shawn and explain why.
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)