|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One of Christy favorite pastimes after working hard all day on the farm is:
(a) Searching for the walking dead.
(b) Sneaking up on ducks while they are sleeping at night.
(c) To poach rabbits in the dark.
(d) To flirt with girls.
2. Christy describes himself to Pegeen and the men as:
(a) A simple, God fearing, farm boy.
(b) A ladies man.
(c) His Mother's favorite.
(d) A Godforsaken orphan.
3. Christy responds to Pegeen with, "We're alike so" after she tells him:
(a) She is going to kill her father.
(b) She wants to get married.
(c) She wants to marry young.
(d) She can't wait to leave town.
4. Pegeen's discussion with Christy after her father leaves is interrupted by:
(b) Old Mahon.
(c) The peelers.
(d) The Widow Quin.
5. When Pegeen asks Christy if he is attracting many girls after telling his story, he replies:
(a) "No, just the Widow Quin."
(c) "I haven't told my story no place till this night."
(d) "Yes, they won't leave me be."
Short Answer Questions
1. Shawn Keogh's nickname is:
2. The issue of Christy going home with the Widow Quin is resolved when:
3. The setting of Act 1 takes place:
4. When Pegeen and the men hear Christy's secret, they are:
5. Christy Mahon's big secret is that:
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Christy fight with his father about that results in Christy hitting him over the head?
2. Why do Jimmy, Philly, and Michael James think that Christy will make a suitable potboy?
3. What changes Pegeen's mind about marriage to Christy?
4. What is Christy's reaction when his father enters the pub?
5. Explain how Christy says he murdered his da.
6. Why is the Widow Quin interested in getting Christy to marry her in order to help Shawn?
7. Describe the two rivalries that are apparent by Act II.
8. What finally saves Christy from being hanged?
9. Describe the relationship between Pegeen and her father, Michael.
10. What does Pegeen lament at the end of the play?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)