|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Christy describes himself to Pegeen and the men as:
(a) A ladies man.
(b) His Mother's favorite.
(c) A Godforsaken orphan.
(d) A simple, God fearing, farm boy.
2. What does Michael James expect Shawn to do in Michael's absence?
(a) Keep Pegeen company.
(b) Attend the wake.
(c) Marry Pegeen.
(d) Fetch the Widow Quin.
3. Pegeen's approximate age in the play is:
(a) Fifteen years old.
(b) Twenty years old.
(c) Twenty five years old.
(d) Fifty years old.
4. Pegeen's wedding is on hold until her fiance receives:
(a) A job.
(b) An endowment.
(c) Dispensation from the Holy Father.
(d) Her father's blessing.
5. Shawn will not stay the night because:
(a) He is afraid of Father Reilly.
(b) He is afraid of the peelers.
(c) He is afraid of the person wailing in the ditch.
(d) He wants to attend the wake.
Short Answer Questions
1. The term "pot-boy" refers to:
2. At the end of Act 1, Christy thinks to himself:
3. The author's dialogue and description of the night gives what impression?
4. One of Christy favorite pastimes after working hard all day on the farm is:
5. Pegeen imagines that Christy must have the temperament of:
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the two rivalries that are apparent by Act II.
2. Describe the manner in which Pegeen treats Shawn and explain why.
3. What is Pegeen's job?
4. How do Philly and Jimmy appear to feel about Christy?
5. What is a comfort to the Widow Quin at the end of Act 2?
6. Describe how Pegeen gets Christy to tell them why he is running from the police.
7. Describe the mood in Act 1.
8. Describe the Widow Quin's character in terms of doing people favors.
9. Why does the Widow Quin try to convince the others that Old Mahon is crazy?
10. What is the nature of Christy and Pegeen's conversation after the crowd disperses in Act 3?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)