|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shawn Keogh's nickname is:
2. A common greeting amongst the characters is:
(a) May the Saints Joseph, Patrick, Bridgid and James have mercy!
(b) For the love of Almighty God!
(c) The divil a one!
(d) God bless you!
3. Christy describes himself to Pegeen and the men as:
(a) A simple, God fearing, farm boy.
(b) A Godforsaken orphan.
(c) A ladies man.
(d) His Mother's favorite.
4. The responsibility of barkeep in Michael James' establishment falls to:
(a) Michael James
(c) His wife.
5. Shawn will not stay the night because:
(a) He is afraid of the peelers.
(b) He wants to attend the wake.
(c) He is afraid of Father Reilly.
(d) He is afraid of the person wailing in the ditch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Christy has not been caught for the murder so far because:
2. The length of time covered in Act 1 is:
3. The setting of Act 1 takes place:
4. A characteristic of Pegeen's personality that appears often is her:
5. Act 1 begins with Pegeen:
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Pegeen's response when Christy asks twice if she is engaged.
2. What finally saves Christy from being hanged?
3. Describe Shawn's reaction to Christy being offered the job as potboy.
4. What is Pegeen's job?
5. Why is it not in Christy's best interests to tell everyone the story of how he murdered his dad?
6. Why won't Christy run to avoid the crowd that wants to hang him?
7. What is significant about Old Mahon's description of his son?
8. What deal does the Widow Quin offer in exchange for her help with Shaun's problem?
9. Why does Old Mahon's story arouse suspicion for Philly?
10. What does the Widow Quin mean when she calls Christy "The Playboy of the Western World?"
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)