|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters does not appear in Act 1?
(a) Philly Cullen
(b) Old Mahon
(c) Margaret Flaherty
(d) Jimmy Farrell
2. A characteristic of Pegeen's personality that appears often is her:
3. Christy is served a supper of:
(a) Wine and cheese.
(b) Beer and cheese.
(c) Meat and water.
(d) Bread and milk.
4. The Widow Quin tells Christy that Pegeen is:
(a) Not a christian.
(b) Engaged to be married.
(c) A Widow herself.
5. The issue of Christy going home with the Widow Quin is resolved when:
(a) The Widow Quin decides to stay with Christy and Pegeen.
(b) Shawn decides to stay with Christy and Pegeen.
(c) Christy falls asleep.
(d) Christy says he wants to stay with Pegeen.
Short Answer Questions
1. The most significant conflict at the end of Act 1 is:
2. The term "peelers" refers to:
3. Pegeen is like her father in that they are both:
4. When the characters use the term "himself" they are referring to:
5. Michael James and his friends Jimmy and Philly are in a hurry to leave so that they can:
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Shawn refuse to stay with Pegeen, even after Michael Flaherty tries to force him to stay?
2. Why didn't Old Mahon leave town?
3. What gives Christy "a new arrogance?"
4. What is Pegeen's reason for refusing to help Christy escape?
5. Why does the Widow Quin feel she would be a better fit for Christy than Pegeen?
6. How does the Widow try to dissuade Philly and Jimmy from following Old Mahon?
7. What deal does the Widow Quin offer in exchange for her help with Shaun's problem?
8. Explain how Christy says he murdered his da.
9. What information do Philly and Jimmy reveal about Christy's presence at the games?
10. Describe Pegeen's response when Christy asks twice if she is engaged.
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)