|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One of Christy favorite pastimes after working hard all day on the farm is:
(a) To poach rabbits in the dark.
(b) Searching for the walking dead.
(c) To flirt with girls.
(d) Sneaking up on ducks while they are sleeping at night.
2. A characteristic of Pegeen's personality that appears often is her:
3. Considering the Irish dialect used by the author, the term "da" means:
4. Christy describes himself to Pegeen and the men as:
(a) His Mother's favorite.
(b) A Godforsaken orphan.
(c) A ladies man.
(d) A simple, God fearing, farm boy.
5. Pegeen's discussion with Christy after her father leaves is interrupted by:
(b) The Widow Quin.
(c) The peelers.
(d) Old Mahon.
Short Answer Questions
1. There is a rivalry for Christy's attentions between:
2. The most significant conflict at the end of Act 1 is:
3. Pegeen attempts to discredit the Widow Quin by accusing her of:
4. When the characters use the term "himself" they are referring to:
5. Pegeen's approximate age in the play is:
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pegeen lament at the end of the play?
2. Why didn't Old Mahon leave town?
3. What do we learn about Christy's character from Old Mahon?
4. Describe the mood in Act 1.
5. Describe the manner in which Pegeen treats Shawn and explain why.
6. Describe Pegeen's personality.
7. What is Pegeen's job?
8. What is a comfort to the Widow Quin at the end of Act 2?
9. What does the Widow learn from Old Mahon about Christy's former love life?
10. What finally saves Christy from being hanged?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)