|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following could be considered to have a significant impact on the characters' lives?
2. The issue of Christy going home with the Widow Quin is resolved when:
(a) Christy says he wants to stay with Pegeen.
(b) The Widow Quin decides to stay with Christy and Pegeen.
(c) Shawn decides to stay with Christy and Pegeen.
(d) Christy falls asleep.
3. The author's dialogue and description of the night gives what impression?
(a) It is the most exciting time of day.
(b) It is a perfect time for visiting neighbors.
(c) It is not safe to be out after dark.
(d) It is peaceful and serene.
4. Considering the Irish dialect used by the author, the term "da" means:
5. Pegeen's relationship with her father can be described as:
(c) One sided.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michael James expect Shawn to do in Michael's absence?
2. When Pegeen and the men hear Christy's secret, they are:
3. The play was first published in the year:
4. The argument between the Widow Quin and Pegeen involves:
5. At the end of the first evening, Christy is pleased because:
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the relationship between Pegeen and her father, Michael.
2. Describe Pegeen's personality.
3. Describe the mood in Act 1.
4. What is significant about Old Mahon's description of his son?
5. Why didn't Old Mahon leave town?
6. What is Christy's reaction when his father enters the pub?
7. Describe Pegeen's response when Christy asks twice if she is engaged.
8. What information do Philly and Jimmy reveal about Christy's presence at the games?
9. What items does Pegeen say she requires in the letter she writes?
10. Why is dispensation needed for Shawn to marry Pegeen?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)