|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The responsibility of barkeep in Michael James' establishment falls to:
(b) His wife.
(c) Michael James
2. Pegeen attempts to discredit the Widow Quin by accusing her of:
(a) Being a spy for Father Reilly.
(b) Poaching chickens.
(c) Killing her father.
(d) Burying her husband.
3. Christy has not been caught for the murder so far because:
(a) He buried the victim.
(b) Someone else was charged with the murder.
(c) Murder is not considered a crime is his village.
(d) A storm destroyed the victim's home.
4. The Widow Quin tells Christy that Pegeen is:
(b) Not a christian.
(c) A Widow herself.
(d) Engaged to be married.
5. The term "peelers" refers to:
(a) The police.
(b) Chicken thieves.
(d) Renegade soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. The length of time covered in Act 1 is:
2. Shawn Keogh's nickname is:
3. Shawn is mocked by Pegeen and her father because:
4. The character of Christy is portrayed as:
5. Pegeen's relationship with her father can be described as:
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Widow try to dissuade Philly and Jimmy from following Old Mahon?
2. Describe the irony in the villagers enthusiasm and acceptance of Christy Mahon.
3. What items does Pegeen say she requires in the letter she writes?
4. What is significant about Old Mahon's description of his son?
5. What is Michael's reaction to Pegeen's change of heart?
6. What does Christy discover about himself during the gaming events in the village?
7. Why do Jimmy, Philly, and Michael James think that Christy will make a suitable potboy?
8. Describe the relationship between Pegeen and her father, Michael.
9. What is fueling Christy's newfound confidence?
10. What does Philly begin to realize before he leaves to follow Old Mahon?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)