|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pegeen attempts to discredit the Widow Quin by accusing her of:
(a) Killing her father.
(b) Poaching chickens.
(c) Burying her husband.
(d) Being a spy for Father Reilly.
2. The issue of Christy going home with the Widow Quin is resolved when:
(a) The Widow Quin decides to stay with Christy and Pegeen.
(b) Shawn decides to stay with Christy and Pegeen.
(c) Christy says he wants to stay with Pegeen.
(d) Christy falls asleep.
3. When Pegeen and the men hear Christy's secret, they are:
4. The ethnic background of the characters in the play is:
(b) First generation American.
5. Considering the Irish dialect used by the author, the term "da" means:
Short Answer Questions
1. Shawn reacts to Christy's employment by:
2. Shawn Keogh's nickname is:
3. A common greeting amongst the characters is:
4. What does Michael James expect Shawn to do in Michael's absence?
5. Pegeen's formal name is:
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Pegeen's reason for refusing to help Christy escape?
2. Describe Pegeen's response when Christy asks twice if she is engaged.
3. What change occurs in Christy and Old Mahon's relationship by the end of the act?
4. What is the nature of Christy and Pegeen's conversation after the crowd disperses in Act 3?
5. What does the Christy promise to do if the Widow helps him?
6. Describe the manner in which Pegeen treats Shawn and explain why.
7. What changes Pegeen's mind about marriage to Christy?
8. What finally saves Christy from being hanged?
9. Explain how Christy says he murdered his da.
10. What is Christy's reaction when his father enters the pub?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)