|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The responsibility of barkeep in Michael James' establishment falls to:
(b) Michael James
(c) His wife.
2. One of Christy favorite pastimes after working hard all day on the farm is:
(a) To poach rabbits in the dark.
(b) Searching for the walking dead.
(c) To flirt with girls.
(d) Sneaking up on ducks while they are sleeping at night.
3. The ethnic background of the characters in the play is:
(d) First generation American.
4. The character of Christy is portrayed as:
(a) A dunce.
(b) Young and naive.
(c) A cold blooded murderer.
(d) Brave and heroic.
5. Considering the Irish dialect used by the author, the term "da" means:
Short Answer Questions
1. Michael offers Christy a job as:
2. Christy Mahon's big secret is that:
3. Pegeen's formal name is:
4. Shawn reacts to Christy's employment by:
5. Christy has not been caught for the murder so far because:
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Shawn's reservations about staying with Pegeen before their marriage suggest about his character?
2. What does the Widow learn from Old Mahon about Christy's former love life?
3. What is Pegeen's job?
4. Describe Pegeen's response when Christy asks twice if she is engaged.
5. Explain how Christy says he murdered his da.
6. What do we learn about Christy's character from Old Mahon?
7. How do Philly and Jimmy appear to feel about Christy?
8. Why do Jimmy, Philly, and Michael James think that Christy will make a suitable potboy?
9. How does the Widow try to dissuade Philly and Jimmy from following Old Mahon?
10. What occurs between Christy and Old Mahon when the crowd arrives and learns the truth?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)