|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Michael offers Christy a job as:
(a) A pot boy.
(b) A delivery boy.
(c) A peeler.
(d) A pall bearer.
2. The argument between the Widow Quin and Pegeen involves:
(a) The Widow Quin attempting to marry Pegeen's father.
(b) The Widow Quin attempting to stay overnight at Pegeen's.
(c) The Widow Quin attempting to take Shawn away from Pegeen.
(d) The Widow Quin attempting to take Christy home with her.
3. When Pegeen asks Christy if he is attracting many girls after telling his story, he replies:
(a) "I haven't told my story no place till this night."
(c) "No, just the Widow Quin."
(d) "Yes, they won't leave me be."
4. Pegeen's father is going out for the evening to:
(a) Go hunting.
(c) Kate Cassidy's wake.
(d) Visit the Widow Quin.
5. Shawn reacts to Christy's employment by:
(a) Threatening to kill Christy.
(b) Calling Christy a liar.
(d) Offering to stay with Pegeen.
Short Answer Questions
1. A second rivalry in act one involves:
2. Christy has not been caught for the murder so far because:
3. As Michael James meets and converses with Christy, he addresses him as:
4. At the end of Act 1, Christy thinks to himself:
5. Shawn is mocked by Pegeen and her father because:
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Widow learn from Old Mahon about Christy's former love life?
2. What does the Widow Quin mean when she calls Christy "The Playboy of the Western World?"
3. Describe Shawn's reaction to Christy being offered the job as potboy.
4. Why do Jimmy, Philly, and Michael James think that Christy will make a suitable potboy?
5. Why is it not in Christy's best interests to tell everyone the story of how he murdered his dad?
6. Describe how Pegeen gets Christy to tell them why he is running from the police.
7. Describe the two rivalries that are apparent by Act II.
8. Describe the irony in the villagers enthusiasm and acceptance of Christy Mahon.
9. What does the Christy promise to do if the Widow helps him?
10. What information do Philly and Jimmy reveal about Christy's presence at the games?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)