Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Christy say his father did just before Christy struck him?
(a) Grounded him.
(b) Swung a scythe at him.
(c) Punched him.
(d) Cursed at him.
2. The people of Pegeen's village can be characterized as:
(a) High society.
(c) Religious zealots.
(d) Devil worshippers.
3. Christy tells the Widow Quin:
(a) He negotiates for more gifts.
(b) She is too old for him.
(c) He will think about it.
(d) He only has love for Pegeen.
4. The character who is most unbending about his or her religious beliefs is:
(b) Michael Flaherty.
5. Pegeen's village is located:
(a) In the desert.
(b) In a valley.
(c) In the mountains.
(d) On the coast.
6. Which of the following concepts best fit the play?
(b) Life or death situations.
(c) Love scorned.
(d) Good versus evil.
7. Christy tells the girls and the Widow Quin that his father wanted him to:
(a) Marry an old, overweight, half blind, widow of ill repute.
(b) Plow his four acres of potatoes without a horse.
(c) Move out.
(d) Wed the young girl next door so that he would have a maid.
8. Why has Old Mahon come to Pegeen's home?
(a) To find a wife.
(b) To attend Pegeen's wedding.
(c) To apologize.
(d) To beat his son and bring him home.
9. Where does the Widow Quin tell Old Mahon that Christy is?
(a) Down to the shore to play in the games.
(b) Gone over the hills to catch a steamer.
(c) She has never seen him.
(d) Back home to turn himself in.
10. What would the Widow Quin not have Christy do if he came to live with her?
(b) Meet wise men.
(c) Build a goose house.
11. What Christy offer the Widow Quin if she will help him win Pegeen?
(a) A job at Pegeen's once they are wed.
(c) A path on his property that leads to the river.
(d) Prayers that will get her to heaven at the time of her death.
12. What does Old Mahon insist the Widow Quin examine?
(a) His son.
(b) His hat.
(c) His head.
(d) His mind.
13. When Pegeen rushes out to tend to her sheep crisis, what does Shawn offer to Christy to leave?
(a) His help.
(b) The Widow Quin.
(c) A bribe.
14. Which character tells the village girls about Christy and sends them to meet him?
(b) Father Reilly.
(c) The Widow Quin.
15. Why was Pegeen angry with Christy for speaking with the girls and the Widow Quin?
(a) She was afraid they might hire him for more than she could pay.
(b) He wouldn't pretend to like her to make Shawn jealous.
(c) She was jealous.
(d) She was afraid she would lose the bounty for his head.
Short Answer Questions
1. Act II opens with Christy performing what activity?
2. Which of the following would not be offered in trade for a favor by the characters in the play?
3. How does Old Mahon describe Christy's personality?
4. When Act II opens, what is the time of day?
5. What is Christy worried about after Old Mahon leaves?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)