|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Christy say his father did just before Christy struck him?
(a) Cursed at him.
(b) Swung a scythe at him.
(c) Grounded him.
(d) Punched him.
2. The character who is most unbending about his or her religious beliefs is:
(d) Michael Flaherty.
3. Where does the Widow Quin tell Old Mahon that Christy is?
(a) She has never seen him.
(b) Down to the shore to play in the games.
(c) Back home to turn himself in.
(d) Gone over the hills to catch a steamer.
4. Which character tells the village girls about Christy and sends them to meet him?
(a) Father Reilly.
(c) The Widow Quin.
5. When Pegeen rushes out to tend to her sheep crisis, what does Shawn offer to Christy to leave?
(a) His help.
(b) A bribe.
(d) The Widow Quin.
6. The motivation for sending the girls to meet Christy is:
(a) To spy on him.
(b) The hope that he will like one of them better than Pegeen.
(c) To ask if he really is a murderer.
(d) To bring him back to the Widow Quin's house.
7. Why does Shawn say Christy and Pegeen don't suit each other?
(a) Pegeen is fickle.
(b) Christy is too short.
(c) They will be strangling each other in a score of days.
(d) They are too much alike.
8. A literary term for Pegeen's warning to Christy about what will happen if he keeps telling his story is?
9. At the end of Act II, Christy is summoned by:
(a) The peelers.
(b) The village girls.
(c) Father Reilly.
10. How does Old Mahon describe Christy's personality?
(b) Hot tempered.
(d) Foolish and timid.
11. Which character can be described as a character foil for Pegeen?
(a) The Widow Quin.
(c) James Flaherty.
12. Christy's demeanor as he tells his story can be described as which of the following?
13. Which character comes up with the idea of entering Christy into the races and games?
(a) Shawn Keogh
(c) Sara Tansey.
(d) The Widow Quin.
14. The Widow Quin enters the scene and suggests that he tell all of them his story while:
(a) She stalls for time.
(b) Michael James sleeps off his hangover.
(c) They make him breakfast.
(d) Pegeen sends for the police.
15. The conflict that appears in Act II is:
(a) Old Mahon shows up to take Christy back home.
(b) Pegeen cannot decide between Shawn and Christy.
(c) Pegeen and the Widow Quin are fighting over Christy.
(d) Christy can't decide whether he should tell Pegeen the truth.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the girls' discussion of the boots, Sara Tansey:
2. Which of the following concepts best fit the play?
3. Pegeen's village is located:
4. What is Shawn's plan for Christy?
5. When the village girls arrive, they interrupt Christy as he is:
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)