|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The term "whisht" in the character's dialect means:
(c) Stop talking.
2. Christy leaves Pegeen's house to go:
(a) To be blessed.
(b) Down to join in the races.
(c) Find Michael Flaherty.
(d) Follow Old Mahon and finish him off.
3. What does Christy see out the window just as he is about to join the races?
(a) A black cloud.
(b) The peelers.
(c) Old Mahon.
(d) Pegeen kissing Shawn.
4. Why has Old Mahon come to Pegeen's home?
(a) To attend Pegeen's wedding.
(b) To find a wife.
(c) To beat his son and bring him home.
(d) To apologize.
5. When Pegeen rushes out to tend to her sheep crisis, what does Shawn offer to Christy to leave?
(a) His help.
(b) The Widow Quin.
(c) A bribe.
6. What does the Widow Quin suggest that Old Mahon do?
(a) Pray for him.
(b) Marry her.
(c) Follow Christy quickly before the tide comes in.
(d) Stay and rest for a few days.
7. Which of the following would not be offered in trade for a favor by the characters in the play?
8. A literary term for Pegeen's warning to Christy about what will happen if he keeps telling his story is?
9. How does Old Mahon describe Christy's personality?
(c) Hot tempered.
(d) Foolish and timid.
10. Which of the following concepts best fit the play?
(b) Good versus evil.
(c) Life or death situations.
(d) Love scorned.
11. Pegeen's village is located:
(a) On the coast.
(b) In the desert.
(c) In the mountains.
(d) In a valley.
12. What is Shawn's plan for Christy?
(a) To beat fear into him.
(b) To take Pegeen off his hands.
(c) To win the games.
(d) To go to America and forever leave Pegeen's life.
13. Which character in the story seems to have the most self-doubt?
(a) Old Mahon.
14. The majority of the characters' dialogues include:
(b) Blessing the Lord.
(c) Fowl language.
15. Where is Christy in actuality while the Widow Quin is taking to Old Mahon?
(a) Behind the door.
(b) Down below at the races.
(c) Under the bed.
(d) At church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Although Christy is not there when the girls enter the house, they know he has been there because they find his boots, which are:
2. The villagers seem very religious, yet they treat Christy with:
3. What would the Widow Quin not have Christy do if he came to live with her?
4. The people of Pegeen's village can be characterized as:
5. The character who is most unbending about his or her religious beliefs is:
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)