|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A literary term for Pegeen's warning to Christy about what will happen if he keeps telling his story is?
2. How does Old Mahon describe Christy's personality?
(a) Hot tempered.
(c) Foolish and timid.
3. Which character can be described as a character foil for Pegeen?
(b) James Flaherty.
(c) The Widow Quin.
4. When Pegeen warns Christy not to tell everybody of his crime or he might have to leave, he surprises her by:
(a) Telling her she is worrying needlessly.
(b) Saying that he made it all up.
(c) Speaking to her romantically.
5. When Act II opens, what is the time of day?
(b) Morning light.
(c) Afternoon tea time.
(d) High noon.
6. Pegeen punishes Christy for being friendly to the girls by:
(a) Banishing him from her home.
(b) Telling the details of the hanging of a man who killed his da.
(c) Not speaking to him.
(d) Making him scrub the dishes.
7. Pegeen's village is located:
(a) On the coast.
(b) In a valley.
(c) In the desert.
(d) In the mountains.
8. What is Christy's reaction to his father?
(a) Guilty for hurting him.
(b) Afraid that he will be punished by God.
(c) Embarrassed about not doing a good job.
(d) Angry that he pretended to be dead.
9. What does Old Mahon insist the Widow Quin examine?
(a) His mind.
(b) His son.
(c) His hat.
(d) His head.
10. Which of the following concepts best fit the play?
(b) Love scorned.
(c) Life or death situations.
(d) Good versus evil.
11. What would the Widow Quin not have Christy do if he came to live with her?
(b) Meet wise men.
(c) Build a goose house.
12. Christy's demeanor as he tells his story can be described as which of the following?
13. Christy tells the girls and the Widow Quin that his father wanted him to:
(a) Marry an old, overweight, half blind, widow of ill repute.
(b) Wed the young girl next door so that he would have a maid.
(c) Plow his four acres of potatoes without a horse.
(d) Move out.
14. During the girls' discussion of the boots, Sara Tansey:
(a) Tries the boots on and considers keeping them.
(b) Flings the door open and threatens to shoot Christy.
(c) Makes coffee.
(d) Suggests they wait for Pegeen to return.
15. Which character has the most at stake due to the appearance of Christy?
(a) Old Mahon.
(c) The Widow Quin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Christy offer the Widow Quin if she will help him win Pegeen?
2. Christy leaves Pegeen's house to go:
3. Which character comes up with the idea of entering Christy into the races and games?
4. The people of Pegeen's village can be characterized as:
5. The motivation for sending the girls to meet Christy is:
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)