Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters could be described as the most impulsive?
(a) Christy Mahon
(b) Shawn Keogh
(c) Old Mahon
(d) The Widow Quin
2. What Christy offer the Widow Quin if she will help him win Pegeen?
(a) A job at Pegeen's once they are wed.
(c) A path on his property that leads to the river.
(d) Prayers that will get her to heaven at the time of her death.
3. What would the Widow Quin not have Christy do if he came to live with her?
(a) Meet wise men.
(b) Build a goose house.
4. Where is Christy in actuality while the Widow Quin is taking to Old Mahon?
(a) Under the bed.
(b) At church.
(c) Down below at the races.
(d) Behind the door.
5. Although Christy is not there when the girls enter the house, they know he has been there because they find his boots, which are:
(a) Covered in mud, turf and sea sand.
(b) Falling apart.
(d) Still warm.
6. Which character tells the village girls about Christy and sends them to meet him?
(a) The Widow Quin.
(c) Father Reilly.
7. Christy's demeanor as he tells his story can be described as which of the following?
8. During the girls' discussion of the boots, Sara Tansey:
(a) Makes coffee.
(b) Suggests they wait for Pegeen to return.
(c) Tries the boots on and considers keeping them.
(d) Flings the door open and threatens to shoot Christy.
9. The people of Pegeen's village can be characterized as:
(a) Devil worshippers.
(b) Religious zealots.
(d) High society.
10. Christy tells Pegeen that he doesn't want to leave because:
(a) His blistered feet still hurt.
(b) He is afraid Shawn will hurt her.
(c) He will be lonesome without her.
(d) He is afraid to walk the streets alone.
11. Which of the following would not be offered in trade for a favor by the characters in the play?
12. How does Old Mahon describe Christy's personality?
(a) Hot tempered.
(d) Foolish and timid.
13. Act II opens with Christy performing what activity?
(a) Answering the door to a group of young women.
(b) Polishing Pegeen's boots.
(c) Polishing his boots.
14. The Widow Quin enters the scene and suggests that he tell all of them his story while:
(a) Michael James sleeps off his hangover.
(b) Pegeen sends for the police.
(c) She stalls for time.
(d) They make him breakfast.
15. Why has Old Mahon come to Pegeen's home?
(a) To find a wife.
(b) To apologize.
(c) To beat his son and bring him home.
(d) To attend Pegeen's wedding.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Christy and Pegeen talk about what their life might be like together, they are:
2. What is Pegeen's reaction when she enters her home to find the village girls toasting Christy and the Widow Quin?
3. The villagers seem very religious, yet they treat Christy with:
4. Who is "The Playboy of the Western World?"
5. What is Christy worried about after Old Mahon leaves?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)