|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the girls' discussion of the boots, Sara Tansey:
(a) Tries the boots on and considers keeping them.
(b) Makes coffee.
(c) Suggests they wait for Pegeen to return.
(d) Flings the door open and threatens to shoot Christy.
2. Christy tells Pegeen that he doesn't want to leave because:
(a) He will be lonesome without her.
(b) He is afraid to walk the streets alone.
(c) His blistered feet still hurt.
(d) He is afraid Shawn will hurt her.
3. When Pegeen warns Christy not to tell everybody of his crime or he might have to leave, he surprises her by:
(a) Saying that he made it all up.
(c) Speaking to her romantically.
(d) Telling her she is worrying needlessly.
4. The character who is most unbending about his or her religious beliefs is:
(c) Michael Flaherty.
5. At the end of Act II, Christy is summoned by:
(b) The peelers.
(c) The village girls.
(d) Father Reilly.
6. When the village girls arrive, they interrupt Christy as he is:
(b) Admiring himself in a mirror.
(c) Trying to escape.
7. A literary term for Pegeen's warning to Christy about what will happen if he keeps telling his story is?
8. Act II opens with Christy performing what activity?
(a) Polishing Pegeen's boots.
(b) Answering the door to a group of young women.
(c) Polishing his boots.
9. What does Old Mahon insist the Widow Quin examine?
(a) His hat.
(b) His son.
(c) His head.
(d) His mind.
10. What does Christy see out the window just as he is about to join the races?
(a) The peelers.
(b) Old Mahon.
(c) A black cloud.
(d) Pegeen kissing Shawn.
11. Christy tells the Widow Quin:
(a) She is too old for him.
(b) He only has love for Pegeen.
(c) He will think about it.
(d) He negotiates for more gifts.
12. Pegeen's village is located:
(a) In the mountains.
(b) In a valley.
(c) On the coast.
(d) In the desert.
13. The majority of the characters' dialogues include:
(c) Fowl language.
(d) Blessing the Lord.
14. Christy tells the girls and the Widow Quin that his father wanted him to:
(a) Move out.
(b) Plow his four acres of potatoes without a horse.
(c) Marry an old, overweight, half blind, widow of ill repute.
(d) Wed the young girl next door so that he would have a maid.
15. Although Christy is not there when the girls enter the house, they know he has been there because they find his boots, which are:
(a) Falling apart.
(b) Still warm.
(c) Covered in mud, turf and sea sand.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following would not be offered in trade for a favor by the characters in the play?
2. Why was Pegeen angry with Christy for speaking with the girls and the Widow Quin?
3. Christy leaves Pegeen's house to go:
4. What is Christy's reaction to his father?
5. Which of the following characters could be described as the most impulsive?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)