Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pegeen attempts to discredit the Widow Quin by accusing her of:
(a) Killing her father.
(b) Being a spy for Father Reilly.
(c) Burying her husband.
(d) Poaching chickens.
2. When the characters use the term "himself" they are referring to:
(c) The master of the house.
(d) A widow's dead husband.
3. As Michael James meets and converses with Christy, he addresses him as:
(a) Divil boy.
(b) Queer lad.
(d) Mister honey.
4. Pegeen's discussion with Christy after her father leaves is interrupted by:
(a) The peelers.
(b) Old Mahon.
(d) The Widow Quin.
5. A characteristic of Pegeen's personality that appears often is her:
6. Christy is served a supper of:
(a) Wine and cheese.
(b) Bread and milk.
(c) Beer and cheese.
(d) Meat and water.
7. In his first conversation with Pegeen, Shawn's character is revealed as that of a:
8. Christy responds to Pegeen with, "We're alike so" after she tells him:
(a) She wants to marry young.
(b) She can't wait to leave town.
(c) She wants to get married.
(d) She is going to kill her father.
9. A second rivalry in act one involves:
(a) Shawn Keogh and Michael James.
(b) Christy Mahon and Shawn Keogh.
(c) The Old Mahon and Christy Mahon.
(d) The Widow Quin and Shawn Keogh.
10. Shawn is mocked by Pegeen and her father because:
(a) He won't fight Christy Mahon.
(b) He says he is God fearing when he is really just afraid.
(c) He won't go to the wake.
(d) Pegeen is smaller than him and can beat him up.
11. When Pegeen asks Christy if he is attracting many girls after telling his story, he replies:
(a) "I haven't told my story no place till this night."
(b) "Yes, they won't leave me be."
(c) "No, just the Widow Quin."
12. Once she is alone with Christy, Pegeen spends a great deal of time:
(a) Sweet talking him.
(b) Discussing her plot to kill her father.
(c) Asking him about his old girlfriends.
(d) Discussing her engagement with Shawn.
13. When Pegeen and the men hear Christy's secret, they are:
14. At the beginning of Act 1, Pegeen is complaining because:
(a) She doesn't want to be alone in the house overnight.
(b) Her father is drunk.
(c) She is getting too old to find a husband.
(d) Shawn won't remove his boots.
15. When the character, Christy Mahon enters the scene, he is:
(a) Looking for a bride.
(b) Tired, frightened, and dirty.
(c) Suffering from a severe gash in his head.
(d) Looking for the police.
Short Answer Questions
1. Act 1 begins with Pegeen:
2. Pegeen imagines that Christy must have the temperament of:
3. The argument between the Widow Quin and Pegeen involves:
4. A "shebeen" is a:
5. The term "peelers" refers to:
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)