|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Michael James and his friends Jimmy and Philly are in a hurry to leave so that they can:
(a) Drink the best stuff at the wake.
(b) Get the Bishops blessing for the wedding.
(c) Collect a bounty for the body in the ditch.
(d) Tell the peelers about Christy.
2. Pegeen's relationship with her father can be described as:
(a) One sided.
3. Christy committed the murder by:
(a) Shooting the victim.
(b) Strangling the victim.
(c) Dropping a loy on the victim's skull.
(d) Stabbing the victim with a knife.
4. As Michael James meets and converses with Christy, he addresses him as:
(b) Divil boy.
(c) Mister honey.
(d) Queer lad.
5. When Pegeen says to Shawn, "Go on, then, to Father Reilly, and let him put you in the holy brotherhoods, and leave that lad to me," what emotion is she displaying?
6. Christy has not been caught for the murder so far because:
(a) Murder is not considered a crime is his village.
(b) Someone else was charged with the murder.
(c) He buried the victim.
(d) A storm destroyed the victim's home.
7. In Act 1, Pegeen is engaged to marry:
(a) Christy Mahon.
(b) Shawn Keogh.
(c) Michael James Flaherty.
(d) No one.
8. The setting of Act 1 takes place:
(a) During the wake of Kate Cassidy.
(b) In the village of Mayo.
(c) In a tavern owned by Sheamus Mulroy.
(d) In the country home of Michael Flaherty.
9. At the end of Act 1, Christy thinks to himself:
(a) "Wasn't I a foolish fellow to run this far from home."
(b) "Wasn't I a foolish fellow not to go home with the Widow Quin."
(c) "Wasn't I a foolish fellow to tell these folks of my murderous deed."
(d) "Wasn't I a foolish fellow not to kill my father in years gone by."
10. When the characters use the term "himself" they are referring to:
(a) The master of the house.
(c) A widow's dead husband.
11. When Pegeen and the men hear Christy's secret, they are:
12. A "shebeen" is a:
(a) Makeshift country inn.
(b) Female of ill repute.
(d) Vegetable grown for irish stew.
13. A second rivalry in act one involves:
(a) The Old Mahon and Christy Mahon.
(b) Christy Mahon and Shawn Keogh.
(c) The Widow Quin and Shawn Keogh.
(d) Shawn Keogh and Michael James.
14. There is a rivalry for Christy's attentions between:
(a) Pegeen and the Widow Quin.
(b) Pegeen and Sarah Tansey.
(c) The Widow Quin and Shaneen.
(d) Margaret and Shaneen.
15. Christy responds to Pegeen with, "We're alike so" after she tells him:
(a) She can't wait to leave town.
(b) She wants to get married.
(c) She is going to kill her father.
(d) She wants to marry young.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shawn Keogh's nickname is:
2. At the end of the first evening, Christy is pleased because:
3. Pegeen's approximate age in the play is:
4. Christy tells Pegeen that his father:
5. The play was first published in the year:
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)