|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pegeen's formal name is:
(a) Margaret Flaherty.
(b) Sara Tansey.
(c) Pegeen Mike.
(d) Widow Quin.
2. The length of time covered in Act 1 is:
(a) The period of Pegeen's youth.
(b) A fortnight.
(c) One week.
(d) One evening.
3. Which of the following characters does not appear in Act 1?
(a) Old Mahon
(b) Jimmy Farrell
(c) Margaret Flaherty
(d) Philly Cullen
4. Christy describes himself to Pegeen and the men as:
(a) A ladies man.
(b) A Godforsaken orphan.
(c) His Mother's favorite.
(d) A simple, God fearing, farm boy.
5. Pegeen is like her father in that they are both:
(c) Kind hearted.
6. Pegeen attempts to discredit the Widow Quin by accusing her of:
(a) Burying her husband.
(b) Being a spy for Father Reilly.
(c) Killing her father.
(d) Poaching chickens.
7. A second rivalry in act one involves:
(a) Shawn Keogh and Michael James.
(b) The Widow Quin and Shawn Keogh.
(c) Christy Mahon and Shawn Keogh.
(d) The Old Mahon and Christy Mahon.
8. The responsibility of barkeep in Michael James' establishment falls to:
(a) Michael James
(d) His wife.
9. In his first conversation with Pegeen, Shawn's character is revealed as that of a:
10. What does Michael James expect Shawn to do in Michael's absence?
(a) Keep Pegeen company.
(b) Attend the wake.
(c) Marry Pegeen.
(d) Fetch the Widow Quin.
11. When Pegeen says to Shawn, "Go on, then, to Father Reilly, and let him put you in the holy brotherhoods, and leave that lad to me," what emotion is she displaying?
12. At the beginning of Act 1, Pegeen is complaining because:
(a) Her father is drunk.
(b) She doesn't want to be alone in the house overnight.
(c) Shawn won't remove his boots.
(d) She is getting too old to find a husband.
13. Act 1 begins with Pegeen:
(a) Giving Shawn a list of wedding supplies.
(b) Daydreaming about her wedding.
(c) Writing a request for wedding supplies.
(d) Writing a list of supplies for her father's wedding.
14. As Michael James meets and converses with Christy, he addresses him as:
(a) Divil boy.
(b) Mister honey.
(c) Queer lad.
15. A characteristic of Pegeen's personality that appears often is her:
Short Answer Questions
1. The Widow Quin tells Christy that Pegeen is:
2. When the characters use the term "himself" they are referring to:
3. Shawn reacts to Christy's employment by:
4. One of Christy favorite pastimes after working hard all day on the farm is:
5. Pegeen's discussion with Christy after her father leaves is interrupted by:
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)