|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Christy has not been caught for the murder so far because:
(a) Someone else was charged with the murder.
(b) A storm destroyed the victim's home.
(c) He buried the victim.
(d) Murder is not considered a crime is his village.
2. In Act 1, Pegeen is engaged to marry:
(a) Michael James Flaherty.
(b) Shawn Keogh.
(c) Christy Mahon.
(d) No one.
3. There is a rivalry for Christy's attentions between:
(a) The Widow Quin and Shaneen.
(b) Margaret and Shaneen.
(c) Pegeen and the Widow Quin.
(d) Pegeen and Sarah Tansey.
4. When Pegeen and the men hear Christy's secret, they are:
5. The argument between the Widow Quin and Pegeen involves:
(a) The Widow Quin attempting to marry Pegeen's father.
(b) The Widow Quin attempting to take Christy home with her.
(c) The Widow Quin attempting to stay overnight at Pegeen's.
(d) The Widow Quin attempting to take Shawn away from Pegeen.
6. Christy describes himself to Pegeen and the men as:
(a) His Mother's favorite.
(b) A ladies man.
(c) A Godforsaken orphan.
(d) A simple, God fearing, farm boy.
7. Pegeen is referred to as "Pegeen Mike" in the story because:
(a) Her middle name is Michelle.
(b) Her father is Michael Flaherty.
(c) She is bequeathed to Michael O'Donovan.
(d) She looks like a boy.
8. Christy committed the murder by:
(a) Strangling the victim.
(b) Stabbing the victim with a knife.
(c) Dropping a loy on the victim's skull.
(d) Shooting the victim.
9. Which of the following could be considered to have a significant impact on the characters' lives?
10. Pegeen's father is going out for the evening to:
(b) Go hunting.
(c) Visit the Widow Quin.
(d) Kate Cassidy's wake.
11. In his first conversation with Pegeen, Shawn's character is revealed as that of a:
12. A characteristic of Pegeen's personality that appears often is her:
13. Christy tells Pegeen that his father:
(a) was always cursing and assaulting people.
(b) was a God fearing man.
(c) had passed on years ago.
(d) was in an asylum.
14. Pegeen's formal name is:
(a) Sara Tansey.
(b) Pegeen Mike.
(c) Margaret Flaherty.
(d) Widow Quin.
15. When the characters use the term "himself" they are referring to:
(a) A widow's dead husband.
(d) The master of the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Act 1, Christy thinks to himself:
2. When Pegeen asks Christy if he is attracting many girls after telling his story, he replies:
3. The setting of Act 1 takes place:
4. Shawn Keogh's nickname is:
5. The issue of Christy going home with the Widow Quin is resolved when:
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)