|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shawn reacts to Christy's employment by:
(a) Calling Christy a liar.
(c) Offering to stay with Pegeen.
(d) Threatening to kill Christy.
2. Christy describes himself to Pegeen and the men as:
(a) His Mother's favorite.
(b) A simple, God fearing, farm boy.
(c) A Godforsaken orphan.
(d) A ladies man.
3. As Michael James meets and converses with Christy, he addresses him as:
(a) Divil boy.
(c) Mister honey.
(d) Queer lad.
4. The term "pot-boy" refers to:
(a) A boy who collects coins in a pot at a wake.
(b) A young lad paid a meager fee to keep a woman from being alone.
(c) A boy hired to bring food home from the market in a pot.
(d) A boy hired to empty the contents of the out house.
5. The ethnic background of the characters in the play is:
(a) First generation American.
6. Which of the following characters does not appear in Act 1?
(a) Jimmy Farrell
(b) Philly Cullen
(c) Old Mahon
(d) Margaret Flaherty
7. The argument between the Widow Quin and Pegeen involves:
(a) The Widow Quin attempting to take Shawn away from Pegeen.
(b) The Widow Quin attempting to marry Pegeen's father.
(c) The Widow Quin attempting to stay overnight at Pegeen's.
(d) The Widow Quin attempting to take Christy home with her.
8. When the character, Christy Mahon enters the scene, he is:
(a) Suffering from a severe gash in his head.
(b) Looking for the police.
(c) Tired, frightened, and dirty.
(d) Looking for a bride.
9. One of Christy favorite pastimes after working hard all day on the farm is:
(a) Searching for the walking dead.
(b) To flirt with girls.
(c) Sneaking up on ducks while they are sleeping at night.
(d) To poach rabbits in the dark.
10. Shawn Keogh's nickname is:
11. Christy is served a supper of:
(a) Beer and cheese.
(b) Meat and water.
(c) Wine and cheese.
(d) Bread and milk.
12. When the characters use the term "himself" they are referring to:
(a) The master of the house.
(d) A widow's dead husband.
13. Michael James and his friends Jimmy and Philly are in a hurry to leave so that they can:
(a) Get the Bishops blessing for the wedding.
(b) Collect a bounty for the body in the ditch.
(c) Tell the peelers about Christy.
(d) Drink the best stuff at the wake.
14. Which of the following could be considered to have a significant impact on the characters' lives?
15. The author's dialogue and description of the night gives what impression?
(a) It is peaceful and serene.
(b) It is a perfect time for visiting neighbors.
(c) It is the most exciting time of day.
(d) It is not safe to be out after dark.
Short Answer Questions
1. There is a rivalry for Christy's attentions between:
2. Pegeen's discussion with Christy after her father leaves is interrupted by:
3. Pegeen is like her father in that they are both:
4. Pegeen's formal name is:
5. Shawn will not stay the night because:
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)