1. Describe Pegeen's personality.
Pegeen is flirtatious and strong-minded. When she sees something she wants, she goes after it, knocking down anyone that gets in her way.
2. What items does Pegeen say she requires in the letter she writes?
Pegeen writes that she will need yellow fabric for a gown, a pair of high-heeled lacy boots, a hat, a comb, and three barrels of porter for her wedding.
3. What do Shawn's reservations about staying with Pegeen before their marriage suggest about his character?
Shawn is devoutly religious and afraid of breaking the rules.
4. What is Pegeen's job?
Pegeen serves food and alcohol as the barmaid at her father's pub.
5. Describe the relationship between Pegeen and her father, Michael.
Pegeen and her father have a relatively equal and agreeable relationship.
6. Explain the role that religion plays in the story?
Most of the characters try to abide by the rules of the church, except when they are impressed with Christy's bravery--even though killing is against the rules.
This section contains 2,036 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)