|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Pegeen respond to Shawn when he brings up their wedding?
(a) She begs him to forgive her.
(b) She hugs him.
(c) She spits on his shoes.
(d) She hits him.
2. At the end of Act 1, Christy thinks to himself:
(a) "Wasn't I a foolish fellow to tell these folks of my murderous deed."
(b) "Wasn't I a foolish fellow not to kill my father in years gone by."
(c) "Wasn't I a foolish fellow not to go home with the Widow Quin."
(d) "Wasn't I a foolish fellow to run this far from home."
3. The play was first published in the year:
(a) After the author's death in 1909.
4. Pegeen's father is going out for the evening to:
(a) Visit the Widow Quin.
(b) Kate Cassidy's wake.
(c) Go hunting.
5. A common greeting amongst the characters is:
(a) May the Saints Joseph, Patrick, Bridgid and James have mercy!
(b) God bless you!
(c) The divil a one!
(d) For the love of Almighty God!
Short Answer Questions
1. The issue of Christy going home with the Widow Quin is resolved when:
2. Why does Pegeen tell everyone to leave after Christy returns with his prizes?
3. Throughout the story, Old Mahon has a habit of:
4. What does Christy want from Pegeen?
5. Why does the Widow Quin want everyone else to believe Old Mahon is crazy?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)