|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once she is alone with Christy, Pegeen spends a great deal of time:
(a) Asking him about his old girlfriends.
(b) Discussing her engagement with Shawn.
(c) Sweet talking him.
(d) Discussing her plot to kill her father.
2. Which of the following could be considered to have a significant impact on the characters' lives?
3. What does the Widow Quin suggest that Old Mahon do?
(a) Follow Christy quickly before the tide comes in.
(b) Marry her.
(c) Pray for him.
(d) Stay and rest for a few days.
4. Pegeen is referred to as "Pegeen Mike" in the story because:
(a) She is bequeathed to Michael O'Donovan.
(b) Her father is Michael Flaherty.
(c) Her middle name is Michelle.
(d) She looks like a boy.
5. What does Old Mahon insist the Widow Quin examine?
(a) His head.
(b) His son.
(c) His hat.
(d) His mind.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way does Christy demonstrate courage in Act II?
2. The term "pot-boy" refers to:
3. Which character can be described as a character foil for Pegeen?
4. Which of the following characters could be described as the most impulsive?
5. When Pegeen rushes out to tend to her sheep crisis, what does Shawn offer to Christy to leave?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)