|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Widow Quin tell Christy to do when the crowd turns on him?
(a) Sing a song.
(b) Go win the last race.
(d) Leave by the back door.
2. When Pegeen says to Shawn, "Go on, then, to Father Reilly, and let him put you in the holy brotherhoods, and leave that lad to me," what emotion is she displaying?
3. As Michael James meets and converses with Christy, he addresses him as:
(a) Mister honey.
(b) Divil boy.
(d) Queer lad.
4. Shawn will not stay the night because:
(a) He is afraid of Father Reilly.
(b) He wants to attend the wake.
(c) He is afraid of the peelers.
(d) He is afraid of the person wailing in the ditch.
5. Christy will not leave with the Widow Quin because:
(a) He wants to bury his father.
(b) His father won't apologize.
(c) He wants to fight Shawn.
(d) He loves Pegeen and is determined to stay with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. The argument between the Widow Quin and Pegeen involves:
2. Pegeen imagines that Christy must have the temperament of:
3. What is Christy worried about after Old Mahon leaves?
4. The characteristic that Christy lacks until the end of the play is:
5. Which character tells the village girls about Christy and sends them to meet him?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)