|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens as Christy nears the door?
(a) Pegeen burns Shawn.
(b) Michael Flaherty says they will hang for what he has done.
(c) Old Mahon crawls in.
(d) Christy bites Pegeen's leg.
2. What does the Widow Quin suggest that Old Mahon do?
(a) Marry her.
(b) Follow Christy quickly before the tide comes in.
(c) Stay and rest for a few days.
(d) Pray for him.
3. What Christy offer the Widow Quin if she will help him win Pegeen?
(a) A job at Pegeen's once they are wed.
(b) Prayers that will get her to heaven at the time of her death.
(d) A path on his property that leads to the river.
4. At the end of the play, Christy has won:
(a) His father's respect.
(b) Every sports event.
(c) Shawn's ticket to America.
(d) Pegeen's love.
5. Pegeen's wedding is on hold until her fiance receives:
(a) A job.
(b) Her father's blessing.
(c) An endowment.
(d) Dispensation from the Holy Father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shawn Keogh's nickname is:
2. The issue of Christy going home with the Widow Quin is resolved when:
3. When the characters use the term "himself" they are referring to:
4. Which of the following concepts best fit the play?
5. What does the Widow Quin tell Jimmy and Philly about Old Mahon?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)