|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pegeen's formal name is:
(a) Pegeen Mike.
(b) Margaret Flaherty.
(c) Sara Tansey.
(d) Widow Quin.
2. At the beginning of Act 1, Pegeen is complaining because:
(a) Shawn won't remove his boots.
(b) She is getting too old to find a husband.
(c) She doesn't want to be alone in the house overnight.
(d) Her father is drunk.
3. A second rivalry in act one involves:
(a) The Widow Quin and Shawn Keogh.
(b) Shawn Keogh and Michael James.
(c) Christy Mahon and Shawn Keogh.
(d) The Old Mahon and Christy Mahon.
4. Pegeen is referred to as "Pegeen Mike" in the story because:
(a) She is bequeathed to Michael O'Donovan.
(b) She looks like a boy.
(c) Her father is Michael Flaherty.
(d) Her middle name is Michelle.
5. At the end of Act 1, Christy thinks to himself:
(a) "Wasn't I a foolish fellow to tell these folks of my murderous deed."
(b) "Wasn't I a foolish fellow not to go home with the Widow Quin."
(c) "Wasn't I a foolish fellow to run this far from home."
(d) "Wasn't I a foolish fellow not to kill my father in years gone by."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Old Mahon insist the Widow Quin examine?
2. Which character tells the village girls about Christy and sends them to meet him?
3. The play was first published in the year:
4. When Pegeen finds out that Old Mahon is Christy's father, she:
5. Which of the following could be considered to have a significant impact on the characters' lives?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)