|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters is mentioned but does not appear in the play?
(a) Philly Cullen.
(b) Father Reilly.
(c) Margaret Flaherty.
(d) Sarah Tansey.
2. Pegeen's formal name is:
(a) Sara Tansey.
(b) Margaret Flaherty.
(c) Widow Quin.
(d) Pegeen Mike.
3. What does the Widow Quin tell Jimmy and Philly about Old Mahon?
(a) That he is her cousin.
(b) That she intends to marry him.
(c) That he has gone mad because of the crack in his skull.
(d) That he is dangerous and a lier.
4. Pegeen's discussion with Christy after her father leaves is interrupted by:
(a) The peelers.
(c) The Widow Quin.
(d) Old Mahon.
5. When Christy and Pegeen talk about what their life might be like together, they are:
(c) Preparing to run away together.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which person shows the greates change in character by the end of the play?
2. What is Pegeen's reaction when she enters her home to find the village girls toasting Christy and the Widow Quin?
3. When Pegeen and the men hear Christy's secret, they are:
4. Why does Pegeen tell everyone to leave after Christy returns with his prizes?
5. When Pegeen warns Christy not to tell everybody of his crime or he might have to leave, he surprises her by:
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)