|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The resolution of the conflict is:
(a) Pegeen marries Christy.
(b) Pegeen marries Shawn.
(c) Christy changes his personality back to being timid and foolish.
(d) Christy and his father return home together, amiably.
2. What does Old Mahon want from Philly and Jimmy in exchange for his story?
(a) The location of his son.
(b) A drink.
(c) The truth.
(d) The Widow Quin.
3. Which of the following characters could be described as the most impulsive?
(a) The Widow Quin
(b) Old Mahon
(c) Christy Mahon
(d) Shawn Keogh
4. The play was first published in the year:
(d) After the author's death in 1909.
5. Which of the following best describe Christy's mood when he leaves Pegeen's home?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Pegeen tell everyone to leave after Christy returns with his prizes?
2. The setting of Act 1 takes place:
3. Christy tells Pegeen that he doesn't want to leave because:
4. Where is Christy in actuality while the Widow Quin is taking to Old Mahon?
5. The character who is most unbending about his or her religious beliefs is:
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)