1. A "shebeen" is a:
(a) Female of ill repute.
(c) Vegetable grown for irish stew.
(d) Makeshift country inn.
2. Act 1 begins with Pegeen:
(a) Daydreaming about her wedding.
(b) Writing a request for wedding supplies.
(c) Giving Shawn a list of wedding supplies.
(d) Writing a list of supplies for her father's wedding.
3. Pegeen is referred to as "Pegeen Mike" in the story because:
(a) Her father is Michael Flaherty.
(b) Her middle name is Michelle.
(c) She looks like a boy.
(d) She is bequeathed to Michael O'Donovan.
4. Pegeen's formal name is:
(a) Pegeen Mike.
(b) Margaret Flaherty.
(c) Sara Tansey.
(d) Widow Quin.
5. At the beginning of Act 1, Pegeen is complaining because:
(a) She is getting too old to find a husband.
(b) Her father is drunk.
(c) She doesn't want to be alone in the house overnight.
(d) Shawn won't remove his boots.
6. Shawn Keogh's nickname is:
7. In Act 1, Pegeen is engaged to marry:
(a) Michael James Flaherty.
(b) Christy Mahon.
(c) Shawn Keogh.
(d) No one.
This section contains 4,915 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)