|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Maria tells BZ the she doesn't want to go to Mexico City with him and Helene to see Susannah Wood's interiors, what does BZ say?
(a) Okay fine.
(b) Yes you do.
(c) I don't care.
(d) Another time.
2. Whom does Maria call when the blood become so fast she soaks three pads in fifteen minutes?
3. What does Maria borrow from the stuntman ten days before the film is done in the desert?
(a) A gun.
(b) A horse.
(c) A car.
(d) A knife.
4. Who spits into the phone, saying to Maria, "You want to know what I think of your life"?
(c) Ivan Costello.
(d) Les Goodwin.
5. In the Spring when Maria attends parties with "faggots" she drinks a good deal because when she drinks she does not what?
Short Answer Questions
1. At three in the morning in the desert, when Maria asks Carter, "Why do you fight," what does he say?
2. What does Larry Kulik tell Maria he's been hearing about her?
3. How does BZ die at the end of the novel?
4. What happens to Susannah Wood three weeks after they've been in the desert so that Carter had to shoot around her bruise?
5. According to the person who writes the mimeographed letter that Maria receives in care of the studio, Maria's worries may date from when she was a what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened the last time Maria saw her mother and how does it parallel Maria's situation?
2. What does watching the television and reading the newspaper reveal about Maria's state of mind?
3. When Ivan Costello returns Maria's phone call, how does he behave and what does it signify?
4. What happens when Maria agrees to meet a director for a new film and what does it signify?
5. How does Helene speak during Carter and Maria's divorce hearing and then after and why is it significant?
6. What happens when Maria waits for a pay phone at the grocery store and what does it represent?
7. Why does Maria move out of her house in Beverly Hills to an apartment and what does it signify?
8. How does BZ respond to Maria's pleas that he stop hitting Helene the night after she blacks out?
9. What does the hypnotist Maria sees tell her about her problems and how does she react?
10. What fantasy does Maria have about Les and Kate and what does she realize about it?
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)