|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the bloodied tissue Maria drops off for the doctor turn out to be?
2. How does BZ behave toward Maria the first time she met him at his house?
(a) He doesn't speak to her.
(b) He refuses to look at her.
(c) He completely ignores her.
(d) He stares at her.
3. How many times has Helene been divorced?
(d) Three times.
4. What does the hairdresser on the set give Maria?
5. Whom does Maria call when the blood become so fast she soaks three pads in fifteen minutes?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the courtroom, Helene confirmed that the defendant, Carter Lang, had repeatedly _______and in other ways _________the plaintiff, Mrs. Maria Lang.
2. Why does Maria feel a rush of shame when she tells Benny Austin to come see her in Los Angeles?
3. What does Maria do instead of going to the hospital for the excessive bleeding?
4. At the end of the novel, who is with BZ at the time of his death?
5. When Maria runs into Benny Austin at the casino, he tells her, the course of true love is never a straight ______.
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the girl Maria knew who had an abortion do to obtain one and how does she tell her story?
2. What does Maria do when she runs into Benny Austin at the Flamingo and why?
3. When Maria wakes up and finds Helene and BZ in the room with her, what vague notion does Maria have and what does it mean?
4. When Ivan Costello returns Maria's phone call, how does he behave and what does it signify?
5. How does Maria react when she begins to bleed after the abortion and why?
6. What does Maria realize about the day of the audition?
7. Why does Maria move out of her house in Beverly Hills to an apartment and what does it signify?
8. How does Helene speak during Carter and Maria's divorce hearing and then after and why is it significant?
9. What happens when Maria and Kate have dinner at Felicia and Les Goodwin's house during the Christmas holiday and why is it significant?
10. Why do Carter and Helene assume that Maria had something to do with BZ's death and what are the consequences?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)