|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of bird does Maria watch at the hospital as the novel opens?
(a) A woodpecker.
(b) A hummingbird.
(c) A sparrow.
(d) A blue jay.
2. According to Carter, what two places does he like to eat alone and read the trades?
(a) Wilshire and Beverly Hills.
(b) Beverly Hills and Marmont.
(c) Marmont and Wilshire.
(d) Bel Air and Beverly Hills.
3. What does BZ tell Maria about an actress who was admitted to UCLA Neuropsychiatric?
(a) That she had cut her wrists.
(b) That she had shot her husband.
(c) That she had overdosed.
(d) That she had fainted of exhaustion.
4. What is the name of the second picture Carter made with Maria?
(a) Angel Heart.
(b) Angel Beach.
(c) Angel Kiss.
(d) Angel Fire.
5. When BZ comes over, what does Maria ask him about Carter that he doesn't want to answer because he wants him to finish his picture?
(a) Where he flew with his mistress to.
(b) Who the woman he is sleeping with is.
(c) If the woman he is sleeping with is the star of the picture.
(d) How much money he has spent on his mistress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What season is it when Carter stops living in the house in Beverly Hills?
2. At the house where Maria has her abortion, what is the doctor's table NOT fitted with?
3. According to Helene, what is often true of selfish women?
4. According to Maria, why did Carter stop seeing Sidney and Ruth Loomis?
5. Whom is the New York Times profile about that Helene brings with her to see Maria?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the two films Maria has starred in that Carter has made and how does she feel about them?
2. What is the tone of Helene's recollections of Maria and why is it significant?
3. How do Larry Kulik and BZ behave around the girl in the white halter dress at a party Maria attends and why is it significant?
4. What kind of arrangements does Maria have to make in order to terminate her pregnancy at this time?
5. In the period before Maria has her abortion, what rituals does she perform in order to induce menstruation and why does she do them?
6. When Maria tells Carter that she is pregnant and that he may not be the father, how does he respond and why is it significant?
7. What is the location of Maria's abortion and what does it represent?
8. What time does Maria want to be on the freeway and why is it significant?
9. When Freddy offers Maria an opportunity for Morty Landau to see film of her, what does her response indicate about her priorities?
10. How does BZ respond to Maria's inquiries about whom Carter is sleeping with and what does it signify?
This section contains 978 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)