|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Maria, why did Carter stop seeing Sidney and Ruth Loomis?
(a) Because a show Sidney was writing was canceled midseason.
(b) Because Ruth didn't star in a movie of his.
(c) Because a part Ruth had was given to another actress.
(d) Because Sidney didn't write a movie for him.
2. What kind of pants is the man who takes Maria to the house for the abortion wearing?
(a) Dark blue pants.
(b) White duck pants.
(c) Plaid pants.
3. According to Carter, when Maria responds to his statement about dining out, who continues to look directly at her?
(a) No one.
4. How does BZ respond when Maria asks him if he ever gets tired of doing favors for people?
(a) "For you, I'll do anything."
(b) "I get something back."
(d) "You don't know how tired."
5. According to Maria, why shouldn't she have shown up at Freddy Chaikin's without calling?
(a) Because only people in trouble came unannounced to see their agents.
(b) Because her agent is too busy to see her.
(c) Because only big stars were allowed to show up unannounced.
(d) Because it was rude to show up without calling.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Maria pronounce her name?
2. What is the name of the street where the doctor Maria went to see about the pregnancy practices?
3. What does Carter threaten Maria with if she does NOT have an abortion?
4. Why does Freddy Chaikin say to Maria that he was surprised to hear that she wanted to work again?
5. What city does Maria have her abortion in?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Freddy offers Maria an opportunity for Morty Landau to see film of her, what does her response indicate about her priorities?
2. What time does Maria want to be on the freeway and why is it significant?
3. Where does Maria begin to sleep after her breakup with Carter and why is it significant?
4. Where did Maria grow up and why is it significant?
5. How does Maria's mother die and why is it significant?
6. What does Maria do when she moves to New York and why is it significant?
7. What does Maria's unannounced visit to her agent, Freddy Chaikin, reveal about her profession as an actress and the business of movie-making?
8. What kind of arrangements does Maria have to make in order to terminate her pregnancy at this time?
9. How do Larry Kulik and BZ behave around the girl in the white halter dress at a party Maria attends and why is it significant?
10. What is the location of Maria's abortion and what does it represent?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)