|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Maria, the story of the girl who had an abortion, seemed what as she told it?
2. How does Maria get home from Vegas after being arrested?
(a) She hitchhikes back.
(b) She drives back in a convertible.
(c) She flies back on a Lear jet.
(d) She takes the train back.
3. How many times has Helene been divorced?
(d) Three times.
4. When Maria comes home and finds Ivan Costello drunk in her house and she tells him "No", how does he respond?
(a) "Fine. I'll come back when you're ready."
(b) "Fine. I'm not coming back again for you."
(c) "Fight me. You'll like it better that way anyway."
(d) "Fight me. I like it better that way anyway."
5. In Maria's dreams of a shadowy syndicate, what does her contact want her to supply information about?
(a) The problem of parenting.
(b) The location of the film.
(c) The condition of the plumbing.
(d) The state of the union.
6. The night after Maria drinks too much and wakes up naked in Helene's bedroom, why does BZ say "You weren't talking that way last night"?
(a) Because Maria screams for him to stop hitting Helene.
(b) Because Maria screams for Helene to take her home.
(c) Because Maria screams that she hates BZ.
(d) Because Maria screams that she loves Carter.
7. The first time Maria sees Carter after the divorce hearing, what does he mean when he tells her, "Don't get into that"?
(a) He means that she shouldn't sleep with BZ.
(b) He means that she shouldn't do pornography.
(c) He means that she shouldn't do drugs.
(d) He means that she shouldn't starve herself.
8. What is the name of the place where the house slides on the television news that Maria is watching?
(a) Tujunga, Washington.
(b) Reno, Nevada.
(c) Corvallis, Oregon.
(d) Los Angeles, California.
9. What does the bloodied tissue Maria drops off for the doctor turn out to be?
10. What does Larry Kulik invite Maria to do at his place?
(a) Swim in the pool.
(b) Use the sauna.
(c) Smoke pot.
(d) Attend his party.
11. What kind of movie does BZ watch the first time Maria met him at his house?
(a) A new movie.
(b) A blue movie.
(c) A silent movie.
(d) An old movie.
12. Who sends Maria two dozen roses when she returns home after being arrested in Vegas?
(a) Freddy Chaikin.
(b) None of the answers is correct.
(c) The actor whose property she stole.
(d) Benny Austin.
13. Whom does Maria call when the blood become so fast she soaks three pads in fifteen minutes?
14. What happens to Susannah Wood three weeks after they've been in the desert so that Carter had to shoot around her bruise?
(a) She got kicked by a horse.
(b) She fell.
(c) She got beat up.
(d) She got in a car accident.
15. At the end of the novel, who is with BZ at the time of his death?
(a) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What excuse does Felicia give about Kate smashing her gift against the mirror?
2. Who acts as Maria's witness at Maria and Carter's divorce hearing?
3. Who tells Maria, "You're lying in water and it's warm and you hear your mother's voice"?
4. What does Helene ask Carter as they wait for the papers to be signed at the divorce hearing?
5. In Vegas, when Maria sleeps with an actor who doesn't know who she is, what does he tell her when they are in bed?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)