|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Maria, the story of the girl who had an abortion, seemed what as she told it?
2. Why is Maria unable to reach Benny Austin when she goes to Vegas?
(a) Because she doesn't have a number to reach him.
(b) Because the number and post office box he gave her are wrong.
(c) Because BZ and Helene come to take her back to LA.
(d) Because Les shows up and stops her.
3. What does Larry Kulik tell Maria he's been hearing about her?
(a) That she's terrific in the show.
(b) That she had an abortion.
(c) That she's ready for the nuthouse.
(d) That she's having an affair.
4. In Vegas, when Maria sleeps with an actor who doesn't know who she is, what does he tell her when they are in bed?
(a) "Don't move."
(b) "I know you."
(c) "Kiss me."
(d) "I love you."
5. What is the charge at Maria and Carter's divorce hearing that is uncontested?
(b) Loss of income.
(c) Emotional alienation.
(d) Mental cruelty.
6. How does Maria get home from Vegas after being arrested?
(a) She takes the train back.
(b) She drives back in a convertible.
(c) She flies back on a Lear jet.
(d) She hitchhikes back.
7. After running into Carter unexpectedly on the street in Beverly Hills, what does Maria imagine in the water that are "translucent as jellyfish"?
8. During Christmas dinner, what gift from Felicia does Kate smash against the mirror?
(a) A music box.
(b) A train.
(c) A doll.
(d) A ball.
9. When Maria tells BZ the she doesn't want to go to Mexico City with him and Helene to see Susannah Wood's interiors, what does BZ say?
(a) I don't care.
(b) Another time.
(c) Yes you do.
(d) Okay fine.
10. According to Freddy Chaikin, what is the best medicine for things wrong in the private life department?
11. When Carter and Helene ask Maria questions at Neuropsychiatric, what three things does she answer about her plans for the future?
(a) Get Kate; live with Kate alone; do some gardening.
(b) Get Kate; live with Kate and Carter; do some canning.
(c) Get Carter; live with Kate and Carter; do some gardening.
(d) Get Kate; live with Kate alone; do some canning.
12. When Maria asks Carter if he wants her out in the desert with him because he thinks she can't take care of herself, how does he respond?
(a) He doesn't know because he hasn't seen her in a while.
(b) Maybe, but he wants her to prove it.
(c) Yes, he does think she can take care of herself.
(d) No, he does not think she can take care of herself.
13. At the restaurant with Les Goodwin the day of Maria's abortion, what does she tell Les she wants to order?
(a) A very large steak and three drinks.
(b) Chocolate pie and one drink.
(c) Nothing but water.
(d) A salad and two drinks.
14. What excuse does Felicia give about Kate smashing her gift against the mirror?
(a) That Kate feels sick.
(b) That Kate misses Carter.
(c) That Kate doesn't like her.
(d) That Kate is tired.
15. On the set of the television show in which she has a guest appearance, why does Maria pray that the cameramen would be slow with the set-ups?
(a) Because she is in pain.
(b) Because she doesn't know her lines.
(c) Because she is drunk.
(d) Because she is late to meet Les.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Maria goes to the hairdresser, a girl comes in and tells her hairdresser that she just had an operation for what?
2. What does Benny Austin tell Maria about her mother's health the last time she ever saw her?
3. When Maria comes home and finds Ivan Costello drunk in her house and she tells him "No", how does he respond?
4. Whom does Maria want to talk to the night she sleeps with a bottle of gin by her bed because the pain medication isn't working?
5. Why does Helene have a bruise on her cheek the night after Maria drank too much?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)