|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did the girl Maria worked with ask a question regarding getting an abortion?
(a) A friend in the City Commissioner's office.
(b) A friend in the District Attorney's office.
(c) A friend in the Mayor's office.
(d) A friend in the Governor's office.
2. What does the hairdresser on the set give Maria?
3. The first time Maria sees Carter after the divorce hearing, what does he mean when he tells her, "Don't get into that"?
(a) He means that she shouldn't do pornography.
(b) He means that she shouldn't do drugs.
(c) He means that she shouldn't sleep with BZ.
(d) He means that she shouldn't starve herself.
4. In Vegas, when Maria sleeps with an actor who doesn't know who she is, what does he tell her when they are in bed?
(a) "Don't move."
(b) "Kiss me."
(c) "I know you."
(d) "I love you."
5. What is the charge at Maria and Carter's divorce hearing that is uncontested?
(a) Loss of income.
(b) Emotional alienation.
(c) Mental cruelty.
6. Who sends Maria two dozen roses when she returns home after being arrested in Vegas?
(a) None of the answers is correct.
(b) Benny Austin.
(c) The actor whose property she stole.
(d) Freddy Chaikin.
7. At three in the morning in the desert, when Maria asks Carter, "Why do you fight," what does he say?
(a) "To find out if you're alive."
(b) "Because you fight back."
(c) "To see if you love me."
(d) "Because I hate you."
8. What does Maria do instead of going to the hospital for the excessive bleeding?
(a) Drive on the freeway.
(b) Take Valium to go to sleep.
(c) Drink a bottle of gin.
(d) Take Dexedrine to stay awake.
9. What is the name of the television show Maria lands a guest-star appearance in?
(a) Interstate 5.
(b) Interstate 15.
(c) Interstate 80.
(d) Interstate 405.
10. What happens to Susannah Wood three weeks after they've been in the desert so that Carter had to shoot around her bruise?
(a) She got in a car accident.
(b) She fell.
(c) She got beat up.
(d) She got kicked by a horse.
11. When Maria goes to the hairdresser, a girl comes in and tells her hairdresser that she just had an operation for what?
(a) Broken shoulder.
(b) Eye lift.
(c) Pelvic abscess.
(d) Brain tumor.
12. According to Helene, what did the Guatemalan from the employment agency steal from Maria?
(a) Her makeup.
(b) Her jewelry.
(c) Her diaphragm.
(d) Her car.
13. As she waits at Ralph's Market snack counter, Maria thinks the line suggests that the norm was to have _______, ________, and _______.
(a) A disconnected phone; some clandestine business; some extramarital error.
(b) A lack of food; some loneliness; no place to live.
(c) Some loneliness; no place to live; a disconnected phone.
(d) Some extramarital error; no place to live; a lack of food.
14. What does Benny Austin tell Maria about her mother's health the last time she ever saw her?
(a) That she was too thin.
(b) That she was a little depressed.
(c) That she had cancer.
(d) That she was in perfect health.
15. When Maria tells BZ the she doesn't want to go to Mexico City with him and Helene to see Susannah Wood's interiors, what does BZ say?
(a) Okay fine.
(b) I don't care.
(c) Yes you do.
(d) Another time.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Maria tells Helene that they don't have to have lunch the day of the divorce hearing, what does Helene say?
2. What is Maria waiting for at the Ralph's Market snack counter?
3. According to the person who writes the mimeographed letter that Maria receives in care of the studio, Maria's worries may date from when she was a what?
4. When Maria attends parties with occasional, third-string "faggots," why is she considered a "modest asset"?
5. What excuse does Felicia give about Kate smashing her gift against the mirror?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)