|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 61 - 87.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Maria asks Carter if he wants her out in the desert with him because he thinks she can't take care of herself, how does he respond?
(a) Maybe, but he wants her to prove it.
(b) No, he does not think she can take care of herself.
(c) He doesn't know because he hasn't seen her in a while.
(d) Yes, he does think she can take care of herself.
2. In the elevator of Freddy Chaikin's office, who tells Maria, "The word on Carter's dailies is sensational"?
(c) An actor.
(d) An agent.
3. Who at Christmas dinner is "preternaturally attuned to the threat of voices not even raised"?
4. As the novel opens, whom does Helene say she does NOT visit Maria at the hospital for?
5. What is the subject of Maria and the man's conversation as they drive to get her abortion?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Maria, why did Carter stop seeing Sidney and Ruth Loomis?
2. What does Maria eat and drink during her new pastime?
3. How many days does Maria realize she has not been bleeding?
4. According to Freddy Chaikin, what is the best medicine for things wrong in the private life department?
5. After Carter stops living in the house in Beverly Hills, where does Maria begin to sleep?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)