|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 40 - 60.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the boyfriend Maria had before she met Carter?
(a) Ivan Coster.
(b) Isaiah Costello.
(c) Isaiah Coster.
(d) Ivan Costello.
2. When Maria comes home from Freddy Chaikin's office what does she do instead of calling Les Goodwin?
(a) She lies on Kate's bed.
(b) She watches the news.
(c) She lies by the pool.
(d) She calls Carter.
3. How does Maria respond to Carter when he says, regarding the baby's father, "I suppose you're going to tell me it's not mine"?
(b) "I don't know."
(c) "It is yours."
4. What does Maria say to the baby after Carter warns her about the baby getting chilled?
(a) "Mommy will be right back."
(b) "Mommy will take care of it."
(c) "Your father wants to talk to you."
(d) "Your father loves you."
5. What is the name of the place where the house slides on the television news that Maria is watching?
(a) Reno, Nevada.
(b) Corvallis, Oregon.
(c) Tujunga, Washington.
(d) Los Angeles, California.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Helene arrives at the hospital to see Maria as the novel opens, what is she told?
2. According to Carter, what does the hospital where Kate is staying tell him about Maria's frequent visits to see her daughter?
3. What does BZ do with the first picture that Carter made with Maria that she doesn't like?
4. As the novel opens, what meal does Carter like to have out?
5. How does everything look to Maria as she leaves the house where she had her abortion?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)