|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 40 - 60.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After learning of her mother's death, what did Maria do for a month?
(c) Not work.
2. According to Carter, what does the hospital where Kate is staying tell him about Maria's frequent visits to see her daughter?
(a) That unscheduled parental appearances help the child's adjustment.
(b) That unscheduled parental appearances tend to disturb the child's adjustment.
(c) That Kate doesn't want her to visit without her father there as well.
(d) That only he has the authority to authorize her release.
3. Why is the volume of the movie that man watches in the next room where Maria has her abortion turned up?
(a) To drown out any screaming.
(b) Because the man is deaf.
(c) The dial is broken.
(d) So that she could hear it.
4. According to the person who writes the mimeographed letter that Maria receives in care of the studio, Maria's worries may date from when she was a what?
5. After he returns from his film shoot, how does Carter respond to Maria's question if he's going to stay at the house in Beverly Hills?
(a) "I thought you wanted me to."
(b) "You weren't supposed to be here."
(c) "I paid for it, didn't I?"
(d) "All my things are here, aren't they?"
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Maria begin to bleed after her abortion?
2. What accessory does Helene bring to the hospital for Maria that belongs to her?
3. At the house where Maria has her abortion, what is the doctor's table NOT fitted with?
4. According to BZ, what does Larry Kulik have to do to be able to sleep with the young girl at Anita Garson's?
5. Why does Maria prefer the studio cut of the second picture Carter made with her?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)