|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29 - 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom is the New York Times profile about that Helene brings with her to see Maria?
2. How does BZ respond when Maria asks him if he ever gets tired of doing favors for people?
(a) "I get something back."
(b) "You don't know how tired."
(c) "For you, I'll do anything."
3. Who gives BZ and Helene money to stay married?
(a) BZ's mother.
(c) Helene's aunt.
(d) Freddy Chaikin.
4. What excuse does Maria tell herself regarding her new sleeping arrangements?
(a) That it is too hot to sleep in the house.
(b) That it is safer to not sleep in the house.
(c) That she is waiting for Carter to return.
(d) That the house is too big for one person.
5. What kind of stories leap out at Maria from the newspaper so that she can no longer read it?
(a) Stories involving working mothers.
(b) Stories involving children in peril.
(c) Stories involving dead actresses.
(d) Stories involving natural disasters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maria say to the baby after Carter warns her about the baby getting chilled?
2. What excuse does Felicia give about Kate smashing her gift against the mirror?
3. What season is it when Carter stops living in the house in Beverly Hills?
4. What happens at the end of the first picture Carter made with Maria?
5. According to Carter, what does the hospital where Kate is staying tell him about Maria's frequent visits to see her daughter?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)