|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12 - 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What accessory does Helene bring to the hospital for Maria that belongs to her?
(a) A chiffon scarf.
(b) A leather belt.
(c) A diamond ring.
(d) Gold hoops.
2. What does she buy at Saks that she can't fit into her Corvette?
(a) A changing table.
(b) A bassinette.
(c) A stroller.
(d) A rocking chair.
3. What does BZ tell Maria about an actress who was admitted to UCLA Neuropsychiatric?
(a) That she had cut her wrists.
(b) That she had overdosed.
(c) That she had fainted of exhaustion.
(d) That she had shot her husband.
4. What is the name of the street where the doctor Maria went to see about the pregnancy practices?
5. According to Helene, what is Maria's manner like when she sees her by the swimming pool at the hospital as the novel opens?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom is the New York Times profile about that Helene brings with her to see Maria?
2. In the elevator of Freddy Chaikin's office, who tells Maria, "The word on Carter's dailies is sensational"?
3. The season in New York, where Maria lost so much weight the agency wouldn't book her, what did she see every time she looked at food?
4. How many days does Maria realize she has not been bleeding?
5. What object does Maria keep in her makeup box that she is careful not to examine?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)