|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12 - 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After he returns from his film shoot, how does Carter respond to Maria's question if he's going to stay at the house in Beverly Hills?
(a) "All my things are here, aren't they?"
(b) "I thought you wanted me to."
(c) "You weren't supposed to be here."
(d) "I paid for it, didn't I?"
2. What does Maria say to the baby after Carter warns her about the baby getting chilled?
(a) "Mommy will take care of it."
(b) "Mommy will be right back."
(c) "Your father loves you."
(d) "Your father wants to talk to you."
3. What type of bird does Maria watch at the hospital as the novel opens?
(a) A blue jay.
(b) A woodpecker.
(c) A hummingbird.
(d) A sparrow.
4. What does Carter threaten Maria with if she does NOT have an abortion?
(a) He threatens to tell the media.
(b) He threatens to divorce her.
(c) He threatens to kill her.
(d) He threatens to take Kate.
5. What does the receptionist at Freddy Chaikin's office tell Maria when she arrives without calling?
(a) He's on the phone.
(b) He's in the projection room.
(c) He's left for lunch.
(d) He's with another client.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Maria born?
2. According to Maria, what do some people in the hospital where she is committed call her?
3. According to the doctor who gives Maria the abortion, what "should be the sound of music" to her?
4. What does the man who doesn't like artificial lemon juice at BZ and Helene's do for a living?
5. According to Carter, what does the hospital where Kate is staying tell him about Maria's frequent visits to see her daughter?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)