|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What pastime does Maria begin to do after Carter stops living in the house in Beverly Hills?
(a) Walk through the park.
(b) Drive the freeway.
(c) Run the boardwalk.
(d) Swim in the ocean.
2. What was the domestic and foreign gross of the second picture Carter made with Maria?
(a) Just under eight million.
(b) Way over eight million.
(c) Just at one million.
(d) Barely one million.
3. What does Maria eat and drink during her new pastime?
(a) A peanut butter sandwich and water.
(b) A hard-boiled egg and coca-cola.
(c) A bag of pretzels and root beer.
(d) A packet of nuts and apple juice.
4. As the novel opens, what meal does Carter like to have out?
(c) Midnight snack.
5. Why does Maria tell BZ that Larry Kulik is going to die in a barber chair?
(a) Because he will be killed by the gangsters he works for.
(b) Because she had a vision about it.
(c) Because he will collapse from being obese.
(d) Because he told her that's the way he wanted to go.
Short Answer Questions
1. Maria's mother ran her car off the highway outside of what town?
2. According to Carter, what two places does he like to eat alone and read the trades?
3. According to Carter, when Maria responds to his statement about dining out, who continues to look directly at her?
4. Whom is the New York Times profile about that Helene brings with her to see Maria?
5. After learning of her mother's death, what did Maria do for a month?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)