|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 40 - 60.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Carter, what does the hospital where Kate is staying tell him about Maria's frequent visits to see her daughter?
(a) That unscheduled parental appearances tend to disturb the child's adjustment.
(b) That Kate doesn't want her to visit without her father there as well.
(c) That unscheduled parental appearances help the child's adjustment.
(d) That only he has the authority to authorize her release.
2. What object does Maria later try to remember if the doctor took with him when he left the bedroom?
(a) A speculum.
(b) A depressor.
(c) A scalpel.
(d) A pail.
3. What does Maria say to the baby after Carter warns her about the baby getting chilled?
(a) "Your father wants to talk to you."
(b) "Mommy will take care of it."
(c) "Mommy will be right back."
(d) "Your father loves you."
4. Maria recalls working with a girl in Ocho Rios who had just had an abortion in what city where it was hard to get one because of arrests?
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
5. How does Maria respond to Carter's statement about always dining out?
(a) She says that he doesn't always dine out.
(b) She says that he never invites her.
(c) She says that he always dines out.
(d) She says that he always invites her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the second picture Carter made with Maria?
2. Whom does Maria want to talk to the night she sleeps with a bottle of gin by her bed because the pain medication isn't working?
3. How is Maria playing on the lawn with the baby as Carter recalls in the beginning of the novel?
4. When Maria runs into Carter unexpectedly on the street in Beverly Hills after their divorce, where does she tell him she is going for a few days?
5. According to Carter, who besides him, Maria, and the possible father, does NOT know about the affair?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)