|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the hospital, what does Maria try NOT to think about?
(a) The ocean and newspapers.
(b) Winter mornings and ice tea.
(c) Movies and red roses.
(d) Dead things and plumbing.
2. What was the domestic and foreign gross of the second picture Carter made with Maria?
(a) Just at one million.
(b) Way over eight million.
(c) Just under eight million.
(d) Barely one million.
3. Why does BZ tell Maria that they had to shut down the set in the desert?
(a) Because someone got hurt.
(b) Because they ran out of cash.
(c) Because of the fire.
(d) Because the lead skipped town.
4. At Anita Garson's party, what is the young girl Larry Kulik is watching doing?
(a) Eating in the kitchen.
(b) Swimming in the pool.
(c) Dancing on the terrace.
(d) Sleeping on a couch.
5. What object does Maria keep in her makeup box that she is careful not to examine?
(a) A watch from her father.
(b) A brooch from her mother.
(c) A letter from her father.
(d) A hairbrush from her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Helene, what is often true of selfish women?
2. According to Maria, why did her family move to Silver Wells?
3. According to Maria, what do some people in the hospital where she is committed call her?
4. What happens at the end of the first picture Carter made with Maria?
5. According to Maria, what object signifies that her new sleeping arrangement is just temporary?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)