|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29 - 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What phrase does Helene's friends who are about ten years older than Helene say to one another?
(a) God almighty.
(b) Heavens to Betsy.
(c) Heaven pajamas.
(d) Lord, have mercy.
2. As she waits at Ralph's Market snack counter, Maria thinks the line suggests that the norm was to have _______, ________, and _______.
(a) Some extramarital error; no place to live; a lack of food.
(b) Some loneliness; no place to live; a disconnected phone.
(c) A disconnected phone; some clandestine business; some extramarital error.
(d) A lack of food; some loneliness; no place to live.
3. When Carter suggests that Maria fly up to Pebble Beach to meet Helene and BZ's mother, what reason does Maria give about why she can't go?
(a) Carter isn't her husband.
(b) BZ is not her father.
(c) Helene is not her friend.
(d) BZ's mother is not her mother.
4. What does the doctor on Wilshire tell Maria about whoever did the abortion?
(a) That it didn't take.
(b) That the person did it right.
(c) That some of it was still there.
(d) That it was a botched job.
5. What is the name of the boyfriend Maria had before she met Carter?
(a) Ivan Costello.
(b) Ivan Coster.
(c) Isaiah Coster.
(d) Isaiah Costello.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Maria call when the blood become so fast she soaks three pads in fifteen minutes?
2. What does the receptionist at Freddy Chaikin's office tell Maria when she arrives without calling?
3. What was the domestic and foreign gross of the second picture Carter made with Maria?
4. Why does BZ tell Maria that they had to shut down the set in the desert?
5. According to Carter, when Maria responds to his statement about dining out, who continues to look directly at her?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)