|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 40 - 60.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the house where Maria has her abortion, what is the doctor's table NOT fitted with?
2. When Maria tells Helene that they don't have to have lunch the day of the divorce hearing, what does Helene say?
(a) "Day of days, Maria. Of course lunch."
(b) "Take it day by day, Maria. Lunch tomorrow."
(c) "A day to remember, Maria. Lunch next week."
(d) "A day to forget, Maria. No lunch, of course."
3. According to Maria, "_______always spoke on the telephone as if a spurious urgency could mask her radical lack of interest in talking to anyone."
(b) Her mother.
4. In the courtroom, Helene confirmed that the defendant, Carter Lang, had repeatedly _______and in other ways _________the plaintiff, Mrs. Maria Lang.
(a) Struck; humiliated.
(b) Humiliated; derided.
(c) Derided; abused.
(d) Yelled at; derided.
5. Why does Maria prefer the studio cut of the second picture Carter made with her?
(a) Because the girl on screen seemed not to have a care in the world.
(b) Because the motorcycle gang seemed to get away with murder.
(c) Because the girl on screen seemed to have a knack for controlling her own destiny.
(d) Because the motorcycle gang seemed to be punished for their crimes.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Maria goes to the hairdresser, a girl comes in and tells her hairdresser that she just had an operation for what?
2. What excuse does Maria tell herself regarding her new sleeping arrangements?
3. In her dreams of Les Goodwin and Kate, Maria imagines the three of them going to the beach to do what?
4. The season in New York, where Maria lost so much weight the agency wouldn't book her, what did she see every time she looked at food?
5. What object does Maria later try to remember if the doctor took with him when he left the bedroom?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)