|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 40 - 60.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Maria dislike the first picture that Carter made with her?
(a) Because the girl on screen is dead.
(b) Because the girl on screen doesn't look like her.
(c) Because the girl on screen had no knack for anything.
(d) Because the girl on screen isn't Maria.
2. What does Maria eat and drink during her new pastime?
(a) A hard-boiled egg and coca-cola.
(b) A packet of nuts and apple juice.
(c) A bag of pretzels and root beer.
(d) A peanut butter sandwich and water.
3. What city does Maria have her abortion in?
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) Las Vegas.
4. When BZ comes over, what does Maria ask him about Carter that he doesn't want to answer because he wants him to finish his picture?
(a) How much money he has spent on his mistress.
(b) Where he flew with his mistress to.
(c) Who the woman he is sleeping with is.
(d) If the woman he is sleeping with is the star of the picture.
5. At BZ and Helene's, why does Maria focus on remembering brushing Kate's hair?
(a) In order to not forget what her daughter looked like.
(b) In order to convince herself that she is a good mother.
(c) In order to remember to bring a brush to her next visit.
(d) In order to not listen to the conversation around her.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Carter, what does the hospital where Kate is staying tell him about Maria's frequent visits to see her daughter?
2. How many dollars does Maria withdraw in cash from the bank to pay for the abortion?
3. The season in New York, where Maria lost so much weight the agency wouldn't book her, what did she see every time she looked at food?
4. In the courtroom, Helene confirmed that the defendant, Carter Lang, had repeatedly _______and in other ways _________the plaintiff, Mrs. Maria Lang.
5. What is the name of the first picture Carter made with Maria that never got distributed?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)