Chapters 1 - 3
1. As the novel opens, what fictional character does Maria say she does NOT ask what makes this person evil?
2. How does Maria pronounce her name?
3. According to Maria, what do some people in the hospital where she is committed call her?
(a) Miss M.
(c) Mrs. Lang.
(d) Ms. Wyeth.
4. Where was Maria born?
(a) San Jose, California.
(b) Austin, Texas.
(c) Reno, Nevada.
(d) Boise, Idaho.
5. According to Maria, why did her family move to Silver Wells?
(a) Because the weather was nice.
(b) Because she got a job there.
(c) Because they were running from the law.
(d) Because her father owned the town.
6. Maria claimed she was raised to believe that what came in on the next roll would always be _____ than what went out on the last.
(a) The same.
(b) None of the above.
7. What is the name of Maria's father's business partner?
(a) Austin Benny.
(b) Benny Austin.
(c) Bob Allen.
(d) Allen Bob.
This section contains 5,675 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)