|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 115a - 118a.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does purification consist of according to Socrates?
2. Who does the recount of Socrates' conversation with Cebes tell us was Socrates writing in honor of before his death?
(a) Apollo and Venus.
(b) His mother.
(d) The god of the festival.
3. What does Socrates say a bravery should not be a response to?
4. What does Anaxagoras appeal to to explain causes?
(a) The gods.
(b) The will of men.
(c) Local causes.
5. According to Socrates, what equal never is?
(c) Seen by threes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does fear and terror make men brave beside of?
2. What does Socrates argue is not possible without wisdom?
3. What type of men resent dying according to Cebes?
4. Who directs harmony according to Socrates' argument?
5. Who comes after the sun set?
This section contains 159 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)