|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 115a - 118a.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Socrates argue are good masters?
(a) Athens' military.
(b) His gods.
(d) The senate.
2. How big does Socrates think earth is?
(b) About a thousand miles.
(c) The size of the universe.
(d) Quite large.
3. What does Socrates say he does not care about after his death?
(a) His soul.
(b) His family.
(c) His body.
(d) His possessions.
4. What groups can no one join if they have not practiced philosophy and do not leave this life pure?
5. What does Socrates remarks of Cebes and Simmias in 115a-118a?
(a) They are not from Athens.
(b) They will fall into despair.
(c) They will live another day.
(d) They will repudiate his teachings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What might be an obstacle to acquiring knowledge according to Socrates?
2. What part of Socrates' body first get heavy?
3. Who will Socrates say he will join in death?
4. What is the destination of the soul determined by according to Socrates?
5. What is Socrates wondering about the state of the soul when it leaves the body at the start of 81b-88b?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)