|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 115a - 118a.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does purification consist of according to Socrates?
2. What does Socrates say would be harmed if he thinks about empirical causes further?
(a) His soul.
(b) His sense.
(c) His harmony.
(d) His body.
3. Who was present for Socrates' death according to the men at the start of "Phaedo"?
(a) Only the judge and executor.
(b) A good many of Socrates' enemies.
(c) The Athenian senate.
(d) A good many of Socrates' friends.
4. Who is inferior to the humans according to Socrates?
(a) The things living under the ocean.
(b) The thing living in the heavens.
(c) The thing living in volcanoes.
(d) The thing dwelling in caves.
5. What does Socrates say about philosophers at the start of 62d -66a?
(a) They should be ready and willing to die.
(b) They should not talk against Athens.
(c) They need to be more vocal about their needs.
(d) They life is too precious to waste.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are moderates amongst the masses also moderate out of fear according to Socrates?
2. Who walks the path to Hades easily according to Socrates?
3. What will philosophy free according to Socrates?
4. Why is the soul in a poor state after it leaves the body according to Socrates?
5. What does Anaxagoras appeal to to explain causes?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)