|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 115a - 118a.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Socrates say cannot be attained as long as the body and the soul are fused?
2. What group does Socrates say those who practice moderation would join?
3. What does Socrates conclude at the end of 88c-95a?
(a) The soul is mortal.
(b) The soul is harmony.
(c) The soul is composite.
(d) The soul is not harmony.
4. What does purification consist of according to Socrates?
5. What ways do things exist according to Socrates?
(a) Spicy and bland
(b) Visible and invisible.
(c) Wet and dry.
(d) Small and large.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Socrates looking into to answer Cebes' question?
2. What is the only way to truly achieve virtue according to Socrates?
3. What can be achieved in death that could not be achieved in life according to Socrates?
4. What did "the Eleven" tell Socrates according to the account?
5. What conclusion does Socrates draw from his argument concerning the goal of a philosopher?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)