|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 107c - 115e.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What group does Socrates say those who practice moderation would join?
2. What is Socrates starting to discuss after abandoning his thinking of empirical causes?
(c) Formal causes.
3. What does Socrates argue that we must have learned what we know recollect imply?
(a) Souls preexist our bodies.
(b) Teaching philosophy is not pointless.
(c) No need to learn anything now.
(d) Recollecting past memories can be done with hypnotism.
4. What does purification consist of according to Socrates?
5. What did Socrates decide he should write before his death?
(a) A letter to his students.
(b) A plea for his life.
(d) A novel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Socrates argue we can identify in 73a-81a?
2. What happens according to Socrates when one examine things by the body?
3. What can be compared by using reference to knowledge of the perfect form?
4. What does the soul have when it leaves the body according to Socrates?
5. Who does Socrates tell Cebes to relate his final writing to?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)