|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 107c - 115e.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Socrates think is the highest form of art according to his conversation with Cebes?
2. What is good to believe before dying according to Socrates?
(a) Dying is not painful.
(b) Your friend can find you in the afterlife.
(c) The soul survives death.
(d) The gods love you.
3. What does Socrates say of the relationship between the soul and body?
(a) The body controls the soul.
(b) Gods control the soul.
(c) The soul controls the body.
(d) The body and the soul are two different beings.
4. In "Phaedo", what is the abstract fact about the world that makes it true that two sticks are of the same type?
(c) Almost the same.
5. What groups can no one join if they have not practiced philosophy and do not leave this life pure?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is happening to things Socrates says he knew before?
2. What must first happen to those who die according to Socrates?
3. What does Socrates says of his ability with the area he is looking into, in order to answer Cebes' question?
4. What question does Socrates ask Simmias in 62d-66a?
5. What is better than divine doctrine concerning the next life according to Simmias?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)