|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 107c - 115e.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Socrates says of his ability with the area he is looking into, in order to answer Cebes' question?
(a) He has intimate knowledge of it.
(b) He has little ability in it.
(c) He never practiced it.
(d) It is a useless area for a philosopher.
2. Who is inferior to the humans according to Socrates?
(a) The things living under the ocean.
(b) The thing living in the heavens.
(c) The thing dwelling in caves.
(d) The thing living in volcanoes.
3. How does Socrates try to uncover causes?
(a) His own method.
(b) The gods.
(c) The scientific method.
4. Who are "the Eleven" according to Phaedo?
(a) The Senate palace guards.
(b) Socrates' best friend.
(c) The police commissioners of Athens.
(d) Socrates' best students.
5. What does Socrates decide to consider after abandoning his thinking of empirical causes?
(a) The truth behind harmony.
(b) The value of a senator's soul.
(c) Consider matters through his soul alone.
(d) How the soul escapes the body.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who guides each man to the next station after death?
2. What relation does Socrates see between Tallness and Shortness?
3. What did the one recounting the event of Socrates' death feel for him?
4. What groups can no one join if they have not practiced philosophy and do not leave this life pure?
5. What does Cebes argue a man can always answer correctly?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)