|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 88c - 95a.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the souls wandering the earth according to Socrates?
(a) Poor upbringing.
(b) Being infidel.
(c) Deceiving people.
(d) Being perfect.
2. What does Philosophy tell men about the senses?
(a) To withdraw from them.
(b) To enjoy them.
(c) To love them.
(d) To embrace them.
3. What does purification consist of according to Socrates?
4. What does Socrates think is the highest form of art according to his conversation with Cebes?
5. What does Socrates argue the soul lacks?
Short Answer Questions
1. What pleasures are not the great goods of life according to Socrates?
2. What condition does Cebes put forth for Socrates' conclusion to be valid?
3. When can brave men face death according to Socrates?
4. What does philosophy surrender to from time to time?
5. What does Socrates argue a man following philosophy would receive?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)