|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 88c - 95a.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does purification consist of according to Socrates?
2. Why are the souls wandering the earth according to Socrates?
(a) Poor upbringing.
(b) Being infidel.
(c) Being perfect.
(d) Deceiving people.
3. What does Socrates say cannot contain a harmony?
(a) The body.
(b) The soul.
(d) A harmony.
4. What does Socrates say of the fullest soul?
(a) It is a mover.
(b) It is eternal.
(c) It controls the souls of other people.
(d) It is immortal.
5. What does Socrates say the philosopher separates?
(a) The men and the women.
(b) The grain from the hay.
(c) Family and business.
(d) The body and the soul.
Short Answer Questions
1. What pleasures are not the great goods of life according to Socrates?
2. What does Socrates argue the soul lacks?
3. What must exist for two things to be the same according to Socrates?
4. What position does Simmias accept concerning the soul?
5. What conclusion does Socrates draw from his argument concerning the goal of a philosopher?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)