|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 62d - 66a.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the one recounting the event of Socrates' death feel for him?
(d) No pity.
2. What did "the Eleven" tell Socrates according to the account?
(a) That he would be freed the next day.
(b) What his crimes are.
(c) The names of his accusers.
(d) How he would die.
3. What does Socrates argue a man following philosophy would receive?
(a) Great blessing.
(b) Eternal life.
(c) Political power.
(d) A headache.
4. Who does Socrates tell Cebes to relate his final writing to?
(c) His mother.
5. Who had to be led away during Socrates' trial?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who recounts Socrates' death at the start of "Phaedo"?
2. According to Socrates, what does the philosopher hate most?
3. Why did Socrates decide to pursue the arts according to his conversation with Cebes?
4. What is clearer to the soul than the body according to Socrates?
5. How did Socrates die according to the account of the event?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)