|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 62d - 66a.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Socrates argue a man following philosophy would receive?
(a) Political power.
(b) A headache.
(c) Eternal life.
(d) Great blessing.
2. Where was Socrates held prior to dying according to the two men discussing at the start of "Phaedo"?
(a) At home.
(b) In jail.
(c) In a temple.
(d) In Sparta.
3. Who does the account of Socrates' death say were present beside Socrates' friends?
(b) Members of the Senate.
(c) The undertaker.
(d) Some strangers.
4. Who doesn't deserve to live according to the masses?
(a) The Spartans.
(b) Those who take little pleasure in the body.
(c) The senate members.
(d) Those who follow Socrates.
5. How does the man recounting Socrates' death qualify it?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who owns men according to 62c?
2. What did Socrates drink, according to Echecrates?
3. What was Socrates feeling according to the start of "Phaedo"?
4. Who agrees with Cebes' views on death according to 62d?
5. Who claimed to have been with Socrates when he died at the start of "Phaedo"?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)