|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 62d - 66a.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Socrates say often yields faulty conclusions?
(a) The senses.
(d) Young students.
2. Where was Socrates held prior to dying according to the two men discussing at the start of "Phaedo"?
(a) In Sparta.
(b) At home.
(c) In a temple.
(d) In jail.
3. Who are "the Eleven" according to Phaedo?
(a) The Senate palace guards.
(b) The police commissioners of Athens.
(c) Socrates' best students.
(d) Socrates' best friend.
4. What does the soul reason best without according to Socrates?
(b) The brain.
5. According to Socrates, what does the philosopher hate most?
(a) The body.
(b) His senses.
(c) Other philosophers.
(d) His brain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Socrates say must the soul use to see clearly?
2. How did Socrates die according to the account of the event?
3. What conclusion does Socrates draw from his argument concerning the goal of a philosopher?
4. What does Simmias tell Socrates about the ideas of the Just, the Beautiful and the Good?
5. Who does the recount of Socrates' conversation with Cebes tell us was Socrates writing in honor of before his death?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)