|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 62d - 66a.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Socrates feeling according to the start of "Phaedo"?
2. What pleasures are not the great goods of life according to Socrates?
(a) Food, drink and sex.
(b) Power, sex and influence.
(c) Being generous, loved and respected.
(d) Food, drink and political power.
3. Who does Socrates tell Cebes to relate his final writing to?
(a) His mother.
4. What might be an obstacle to acquiring knowledge according to Socrates?
(a) Bad teachers.
(d) The body.
5. What does Socrates say the philosopher separates?
(a) The men and the women.
(b) The grain from the hay.
(c) The body and the soul.
(d) Family and business.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Socrates decide he should write before his death?
2. What happens according to Socrates when one examine things by the body?
3. Why was Socrates held prior to dying, according to the two men discussing at the start of "Phaedo"?
4. Who doesn't deserve to live according to the masses?
5. What conclusion does Socrates draw from his argument concerning the goal of a philosopher?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)