|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 107c - 115e.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How big does Socrates think earth is?
(a) The size of the universe.
(c) About a thousand miles.
(d) Quite large.
2. Who is inferior to the humans according to Socrates?
(a) The things living under the ocean.
(b) The thing living in the heavens.
(c) The thing living in volcanoes.
(d) The thing dwelling in caves.
3. What doesn't Socrates have time for in 107c-115e?
(a) Explain why he is going to die.
(b) Tell another story.
(c) Eat with his friends.
(d) Defend his beliefs.
4. What are the heavens according to Socrates?
(a) The air.
(c) The ground.
(d) The water.
5. What group does Socrates say those who practice moderation would join?
Short Answer Questions
1. What question does Socrates ask Simmias in 62d-66a?
2. What does Simmias think of Cebes arguments about the man that answers correctly?
3. How does the man recounting Socrates' death qualify it?
4. What does Socrates think earth is?
5. What does Socrates argue cannot come from the present life in 73a-81a?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)