|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 107c - 115e.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Socrates say of the fullest soul?
(a) It controls the souls of other people.
(b) It is immortal.
(c) It is eternal.
(d) It is a mover.
2. What does Cebes argue is the logical conclusion of a man always giving the right answer?
(a) The knowledge is innate.
(b) He is lucky.
(c) The questions are easy.
(d) The man has great knowledge.
3. What does Socrates think earth balanced in the middle of?
(c) The heavens.
(d) A homogeneous substance.
4. To whom do the souls that wander the earth belong according to Socrates?
(a) To inferior men.
(b) To good men.
(c) To women.
(d) To politicians.
5. What can Form not admit, according to Socrates?
(a) That the soul is immortal.
(b) That it is wrong.
(d) That Socrates holds the truth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who agrees with Cebes' views on death according to 62d?
2. Who does the account tell was present during Socrates' trial beside his friends?
3. What is Socrates wondering about the state of the soul when it leaves the body at the start of 81b-88b?
4. What are course and moderation part of according to Socrates?
5. What question does Cebes ask Socrates concerning the soul's long existence?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)