|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 66b - 72e.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who claimed to have been with Socrates when he died at the start of "Phaedo"?
2. What question does Socrates ask Simmias in 62d-66a?
(a) If he can take care of his wife.
(b) If he believes in death.
(c) If he believes in god.
(d) If he can counter his previous argument.
3. According to Socrates, what does the philosopher hate most?
(a) His senses.
(b) Other philosophers.
(c) His brain.
(d) The body.
4. Who doesn't deserve to live according to the masses?
(a) The Spartans.
(b) Those who follow Socrates.
(c) Those who take little pleasure in the body.
(d) The senate members.
5. Who does the recount of Socrates' conversation with Cebes tell us was Socrates writing in honor of before his death?
(b) The god of the festival.
(c) His mother.
(d) Apollo and Venus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Socrates say about philosophers at the start of 62d -66a?
2. What does Socrates say most people are ready to do when their loved ones die?
3. What does fear and terror make men brave beside of?
4. What happens according to Socrates when one examine things by the body?
5. What did Socrates decide he should write before his death?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)