|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 66b - 72e.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question does Socrates ask Simmias in 62d-66a?
(a) If he believes in god.
(b) If he believes in death.
(c) If he can take care of his wife.
(d) If he can counter his previous argument.
2. What do the ones that fear death love more than wisdom according to Socrates?
(a) His family.
(b) The body.
3. Where was Socrates held prior to dying according to the two men discussing at the start of "Phaedo"?
(a) In a temple.
(b) In Sparta.
(c) At home.
(d) In jail.
4. Why are moderates amongst the masses also moderate out of fear according to Socrates?
(a) They are afraid of the justice system.
(b) They do not want to follow philosophy.
(c) They do not want to lose what they have.
(d) They do not want to fight the Spartans.
5. What might be an obstacle to acquiring knowledge according to Socrates?
(c) Bad teachers.
(d) The body.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Socrates feeling according to the start of "Phaedo"?
2. What are course and moderation part of according to Socrates?
3. How does course and moderation see death according to Socrates' argument?
4. Which two characters are talking at the start of "Phaedo"?
5. Who does Socrates argue are good masters?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)