|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 66b - 72e.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does course and moderation see death according to Socrates' argument?
2. What can be achieved in death that could not be achieved in life according to Socrates?
3. What does Socrates think is the highest form of art according to his conversation with Cebes?
4. What does Socrates argue dead things come from?
(a) The sea.
(b) Living things.
(d) The afterlife.
5. According to the account of his death, how did Socrates lived his life?
(a) With great respect for it.
(b) As dangerously as he could.
(c) With the blessing of the gods.
(d) Without any fear of tomorrow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of men resent dying according to Cebes?
2. What does Socrates say most people are ready to do when their loved ones die?
3. Who does the philosopher want to be with according to Socrates?
4. Who wasn't present at Socrates' death according to the account?
5. What does the theory Socrates say some people believe in argue happens to the soul after death?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)