|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Katie get the rest of the way home after she jumps out of the car?
2. Who does Ellie practice her opening remarks for?
3. Who tracks down Jacob Fisher to tell him about Katie's child?
4. What does Ellie invite Stephen to do at the Fischer's?
5. In her closing argument, what does Ellie say Katie is so intent on?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the pathologist's testimony send the prosecutor into a tailspin?
2. In Chapter 9, what does the friend who visits Katie a few days after the girl had a date with Samuel, say to Katie?
3. In Chapter 10, when Stephen arrives at the Fisher farm, what does Ellie tell him after dinner?
4. Why do Katie's lies feel like betrayal to Ellie?
5. What happened when Ellie returned to the Fisher farm the first night of trial?
6. What does Coop say to try to help Ellie after Katie signs a waiver saying that Ellie advised her against testifying?
7. What does Katie's reaction to Adam in the courtroom suggest to the jury?
8. In Chapter 10, when Jacob returns to the farm again, what does he say and what is his father's response?
9. What was Katie's reaction to the plea bargain?
10. What does Coop suggest when Ellie goes to him as a sounding board for a new defense strategy in Chapters 11-12?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Amish community is very tight-knit. Describe the role of the community in Plain Truth. Who were prominent community members? Who did the reader only see once or twice, but still aided in the story?
Essay Topic 2
Coop is an English character that appears frequently in the book. Discuss Coop's impact on the story. When does Coop appear? What's his role? What's his interaction with the characters when he appears in the story? Is he a minor or a major character?
Essay Topic 3
Katie felt pulled in two directions by men in her life, Samuel and Adam. Which did Katie eventually choose, if either, and why? Why might outside factors, such as family, influenced Katie's decision? What do these two men represent in Katie's life?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)