|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Katie get the rest of the way home after she jumps out of the car?
2. How much longer does Ellie have to prepare for trial after the hearing in the judge's office?
3. What did Ellie get the medical examiner to admit to?
4. What is Katie's reaction when she sees Adam for the first time in the courtroom?
5. Who tracks down Jacob Fisher to tell him about Katie's child?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Coop say to try to help Ellie after Katie signs a waiver saying that Ellie advised her against testifying?
2. What is Sarah's reaction on the morning of the trial's opening?
3. Why does Ellie argue with Coop about at his apartment in Chapter 9?
4. What do the prosecutor and Ellie say in their opening arguments?
5. What does Katie reveal at the end of Chapter 13?
6. What does Katie admit to Ellie at the end of Chapter 16?
7. What does Ellie get the medical examiner to admit during his testimony?
8. Why did the pathologist's testimony send the prosecutor into a tailspin?
9. What does Coop suggest when Ellie goes to him as a sounding board for a new defense strategy in Chapters 11-12?
10. What does Katie say about the baby's death when she takes the stand?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What impact do Amish values and culture play in Plain Truth? If the Fishers were non-religious, or English, would the events have transpired differently? Would the court case have turned out the same way?
Essay Topic 2
Ellie plays a major role in Katie's life leading up to, and during, the trial. Would another English attorney have been able to get as close to the Fisher family as Ellie did? Why or why not? Did Ellie's Aunt Leda play a significant role in Ellie's success for Katie's case?
Essay Topic 3
In Plain Truth, two of the protagonists are Katie and Ellie. Discuss how they are alike and how they are different. Are they opposites? Or is Ellie more like what Katie will be in twenty years?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)