|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ellie invite Stephen to do at the Fischer's?
2. How does Katie get the rest of the way home after she jumps out of the car?
3. What infection did the pathologist believe Katie had contracted?
4. Who is the father of Ellie's baby?
5. How does the medical examiner believe the baby was murdered?
Short Essay Questions
1. When the prosecution questions Jacob, what is the prosecution able to suggest about Katie?
2. After the pathologist's testimony, what did Katie do on the way home to the farm?
3. What does Katie admit to Ellie at the end of Chapter 16?
4. What does Katie say about the baby's death when she takes the stand?
5. What does Ellie get the medical examiner to admit during his testimony?
6. What happened when Ellie returned to the Fisher farm the first night of trial?
7. What do Katie and Ellie agree on about Katie's defense in Chapter 10?
8. Why is Ellie nervous about telling Coop about her pregnancy?
9. What does Katie's reaction to Adam in the courtroom suggest to the jury?
10. In Chapter 10, when Jacob returns to the farm again, what does he say and what is his father's response?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At various times in the book, Stephen and Coop appear in the story. When they appear, the author discusses Ellie's personal life. Why might the author have chosen to have these two men appear in the book and in Ellie's life? What purpose, if any, might they have to the story? Why might they appear when they appear, but not be around all the time?
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the book, the author creates examples of the opposite nature of the English and Amish worlds. Pick three examples from the book of when these opposites are pronounced. Are English and Amish characters involved? Where does the example take place? What impact does the example have on the overall story? What do you think the author is trying to show?
Essay Topic 3
The feeling of betrayal is felt by more then one character in Plain Truth, and through memories, is felt by even more characters in the past, before the events of the book take place. Discuss at least three different situations where there are feelings of betrayal. Who was involved? What was the situation? Why did someone feel betrayed?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)