|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when the prosecutor cross-examines Samuel?
2. Who eats dinner together in the city?
3. What has Jacob been hiding from Katie?
4. What does Katie do at the baby's grave?
5. What did Ellie get the medical examiner to admit to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Coop suggest when Ellie goes to him as a sounding board for a new defense strategy in Chapters 11-12?
2. What happened when Ellie returned to the Fisher farm the first night of trial?
3. What do Katie and Ellie agree on about Katie's defense in Chapter 10?
4. Why does Ellie argue with Coop about at his apartment in Chapter 9?
5. In Chapter 10, when Jacob returns to the farm again, what does he say and what is his father's response?
6. What does Coop say to try to help Ellie after Katie signs a waiver saying that Ellie advised her against testifying?
7. Why did the pathologist's testimony send the prosecutor into a tailspin?
8. What does Ellie get the medical examiner to admit during his testimony?
9. Why is Ellie nervous about telling Coop about her pregnancy?
10. Who was the first witness and what did the witness say?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Plain Truth, two of the protagonists are Katie and Ellie. Discuss how they are alike and how they are different. Are they opposites? Or is Ellie more like what Katie will be in twenty years?
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the book, there are many secrets, some of which impact the plot. Discuss two secrets which are revealed by the end of the book. Who knows the secret? Whose secret is it? Why is the secret important to the plot? How is the secret revealed? How is the secret hinted at and its revealing foreshadowed?
Essay Topic 3
Ellie at first wants to pursue an insanity defense for Katie. Why? Is there any support for such a defense? Eventually, Ellie drops this plan and pursues another defense. What is it? Why did she stop pursuing the insanity defense?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)