|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who objected to Jacob remaining a part of the family as much as possible under the bann?
2. Where does Katie stop on the way home?
3. Who does Ellie call first in her defense during the trial?
4. What goes against the essence of the Amish faith?
5. Where does Ellie take Katie to visit while she decides on the plea bargain?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Katie admit to Ellie at the end of Chapter 16?
2. What does Coop say to try to help Ellie after Katie signs a waiver saying that Ellie advised her against testifying?
3. What do Katie and Ellie agree on about Katie's defense in Chapter 10?
4. What does Katie reveal at the end of Chapter 13?
5. In Chapter 9, what does the friend who visits Katie a few days after the girl had a date with Samuel, say to Katie?
6. What was Katie's reaction to the plea bargain?
7. Why do Katie's lies feel like betrayal to Ellie?
8. Why does Ellie argue with Coop about at his apartment in Chapter 9?
9. What was the problem with Adam's profession?
10. What is Lizzie convincing the district attorney of in Chapter 9?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ellie plays a major role in Katie's life leading up to, and during, the trial. Would another English attorney have been able to get as close to the Fisher family as Ellie did? Why or why not? Did Ellie's Aunt Leda play a significant role in Ellie's success for Katie's case?
Essay Topic 2
Both Katie and Ellie have multiple lovers in Plain Truth. Pick one lover for each woman and discuss the relationship between the woman and the man. What impact does their relationship have on the woman? On the man? Does the situation impact the relationship, and/or does their relationship impact the situation?
Essay Topic 3
The feeling of betrayal is felt by more then one character in Plain Truth, and through memories, is felt by even more characters in the past, before the events of the book take place. Discuss at least three different situations where there are feelings of betrayal. Who was involved? What was the situation? Why did someone feel betrayed?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)