|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the father of Ellie's baby?
2. What infection does the pathologist discuss when he is on the stand?
3. What was the prosecution's first question?
4. On the way home from the trial one day, who gets out of the car with Katie after she jumps out?
5. What does Ellie invite Stephen to do at the Fischer's?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Katie reveal at the end of Chapter 13?
2. What do the prosecutor and Ellie say in their closing arguments?
3. What do the prosecutor and Ellie say in their opening arguments?
4. What does Ellie get the medical examiner to admit during his testimony?
5. What does Katie admit to Ellie at the end of Chapter 16?
6. In Chapter 10, why wasn't Katie comfortable with the insanity defense?
7. When the prosecution questions Jacob, what is the prosecution able to suggest about Katie?
8. What does Coop say to try to help Ellie after Katie signs a waiver saying that Ellie advised her against testifying?
9. Why did the pathologist's testimony send the prosecutor into a tailspin?
10. What happened when Ellie returned to the Fisher farm the first night of trial?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are at least two instances where a bann is brought up in Plain Truth. Discuss the role of the bann in the story, and why the author might have used it. Which characters were directly and indirectly affected by the bann? Why? What does this say about the affected characters?
Essay Topic 2
Ellie at first wants to pursue an insanity defense for Katie. Why? Is there any support for such a defense? Eventually, Ellie drops this plan and pursues another defense. What is it? Why did she stop pursuing the insanity defense?
Essay Topic 3
The feeling of betrayal is felt by more then one character in Plain Truth, and through memories, is felt by even more characters in the past, before the events of the book take place. Discuss at least three different situations where there are feelings of betrayal. Who was involved? What was the situation? Why did someone feel betrayed?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)