|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Katie's reaction when she sees Adam for the first time in the courtroom?
2. What does Lizzie suggest as a possible motive of murder?
3. What does Katie have to walk through on her way into the courthouse?
4. What did Ellie get the medical examiner to admit to?
5. What does Samuel speak about on the stand?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the pathologist's testimony send the prosecutor into a tailspin?
2. What do Katie and Ellie agree on about Katie's defense in Chapter 10?
3. What happened when Ellie returned to the Fisher farm the first night of trial?
4. After the pathologist's testimony, what did Katie do on the way home to the farm?
5. When the prosecution questions Jacob, what is the prosecution able to suggest about Katie?
6. What was the problem with Adam's profession?
7. What was the punishment Katie received from the elders of the church?
8. What do the prosecutor and Ellie say in their opening arguments?
9. What was Katie's reaction to the plea bargain?
10. In Chapter 10, when Stephen arrives at the Fisher farm, what does Ellie tell him after dinner?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Plain Truth, two of the protagonists are Katie and Ellie. Discuss how they are alike and how they are different. Are they opposites? Or is Ellie more like what Katie will be in twenty years?
Essay Topic 2
Katie felt pulled in two directions by men in her life, Samuel and Adam. Which did Katie eventually choose, if either, and why? Why might outside factors, such as family, influenced Katie's decision? What do these two men represent in Katie's life?
Essay Topic 3
How does Ellie make herself fit in with Katie's family? Is it important? Why might Ellie have wanted to fit in with Katie's family and community?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)