|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Coop's testimony at the beginning?
2. Where does Ellie take Katie to visit while she decides on the plea bargain?
3. What happens when the prosecutor cross-examines Samuel?
4. What is the prosecutor able to suggest to the jury through Jacob's testimony?
5. Who picks everyone up in their cars on the day of the trial?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the book, there are many secrets, some of which impact the plot. Discuss two secrets which are revealed by the end of the book. Who knows the secret? Whose secret is it? Why is the secret important to the plot? How is the secret revealed? How is the secret hinted at and its revealing foreshadowed?
Essay Topic 2
In Plain Truth, two of the protagonists are Katie and Ellie. Discuss how they are alike and how they are different. Are they opposites? Or is Ellie more like what Katie will be in twenty years?
Essay Topic 3
Both Katie and Ellie have multiple lovers in Plain Truth. Pick one lover for each woman and discuss the relationship between the woman and the man. What impact does their relationship have on the woman? On the man? Does the situation impact the relationship, and/or does their relationship impact the situation?
This section contains 1,183 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)