|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What infection does the pathologist discuss when he is on the stand?
2. Where does Ellie take Katie when Katie gets into the courthouse?
3. In her closing argument, what does Ellie say Katie is so intent on?
4. Who makes overtures at Katie?
5. Whose car does Katie jump out of on the way home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the book, there are many secrets, some of which impact the plot. Discuss two secrets which are revealed by the end of the book. Who knows the secret? Whose secret is it? Why is the secret important to the plot? How is the secret revealed? How is the secret hinted at and its revealing foreshadowed?
Essay Topic 2
Both Katie and Ellie have multiple lovers in Plain Truth. Pick one lover for each woman and discuss the relationship between the woman and the man. What impact does their relationship have on the woman? On the man? Does the situation impact the relationship, and/or does their relationship impact the situation?
Essay Topic 3
In Plain Truth, two of the protagonists are Katie and Ellie. Discuss how they are alike and how they are different. Are they opposites? Or is Ellie more like what Katie will be in twenty years?
This section contains 1,115 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)