|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Katie get the rest of the way home after she jumps out of the car?
2. Katie tells the prosecution that she killed the baby but refuses to say what?
3. Who ends the relationship between Ellie and Stephen?
4. Where does Ellie take Katie when Katie gets into the courthouse?
5. When the state appointed psychiatrist talks with Katie, what does Katie remember besides her pregnancy?
Essay Topic 1
There are two alternate theories of how the baby died. What are they? Which seems more plausible? Why? If the mother of the baby had been someone other than Katie, would that make a difference? Does the way that the author builds Katie's character have an impact on the reader believing one theory of death over another?
Essay Topic 2
How does Ellie make herself fit in with Katie's family? Is it important? Why might Ellie have wanted to fit in with Katie's family and community?
Essay Topic 3
There are at least two instances where a bann is brought up in Plain Truth. Discuss the role of the bann in the story, and why the author might have used it. Which characters were directly and indirectly affected by the bann? Why? What does this say about the affected characters?
This section contains 1,138 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)