|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years in prison did the plea bargain include?
2. Who is the father of Ellie's baby?
3. Where does Ellie take Katie when Katie gets into the courthouse?
4. What does Katie insist that Ellie ask the judge?
5. For how many years has Katie been visiting Jacob at school?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the pathologist's testimony send the prosecutor into a tailspin?
2. When the prosecution questions Jacob, what is the prosecution able to suggest about Katie?
3. What happened when Ellie returned to the Fisher farm the first night of trial?
4. What was Katie's reaction to the plea bargain?
5. What does Katie's reaction to Adam in the courtroom suggest to the jury?
6. What does Katie reveal at the end of Chapter 13?
7. What was the problem with Adam's profession?
8. Why is Ellie nervous about telling Coop about her pregnancy?
9. Why do Katie's lies feel like betrayal to Ellie?
10. What does Coop say to try to help Ellie after Katie signs a waiver saying that Ellie advised her against testifying?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Katie felt pulled in two directions by men in her life, Samuel and Adam. Which did Katie eventually choose, if either, and why? Why might outside factors, such as family, influenced Katie's decision? What do these two men represent in Katie's life?
Essay Topic 2
How does Ellie make herself fit in with Katie's family? Is it important? Why might Ellie have wanted to fit in with Katie's family and community?
Essay Topic 3
Coop is an English character that appears frequently in the book. Discuss Coop's impact on the story. When does Coop appear? What's his role? What's his interaction with the characters when he appears in the story? Is he a minor or a major character?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)