|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ellie take Katie to visit while she decides on the plea bargain?
2. What does the psychiatrist agree with Coop about?
3. Who is the father of Ellie's baby?
4. Who picks everyone up in their cars on the day of the trial?
5. Who ends the relationship between Ellie and Stephen?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 10, why wasn't Katie comfortable with the insanity defense?
2. When the prosecution questions Jacob, what is the prosecution able to suggest about Katie?
3. Why does Ellie believe she can trust Coop in Chapter 16?
4. Why does Ellie argue with Coop about at his apartment in Chapter 9?
5. Why do Katie's lies feel like betrayal to Ellie?
6. What was the punishment Katie received from the elders of the church?
7. What does Katie reveal at the end of Chapter 13?
8. What does Katie admit to Ellie at the end of Chapter 16?
9. What do the prosecutor and Ellie say in their closing arguments?
10. Why did the pathologist's testimony send the prosecutor into a tailspin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are at least two instances where a bann is brought up in Plain Truth. Discuss the role of the bann in the story, and why the author might have used it. Which characters were directly and indirectly affected by the bann? Why? What does this say about the affected characters?
Essay Topic 2
How does Ellie make herself fit in with Katie's family? Is it important? Why might Ellie have wanted to fit in with Katie's family and community?
Essay Topic 3
What impact do Amish values and culture play in Plain Truth? If the Fishers were non-religious, or English, would the events have transpired differently? Would the court case have turned out the same way?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)