|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Katie do before the elders of the church?
(a) Kneels and confesses.
(b) Kneels and prays for her baby.
(c) Tells them she blames them for her baby.
(d) Tells them God loves her and took her baby.
2. Who does Ellie not want to testify?
3. At the pretrial hearing, Ellie argues for who to be kept out of the trial?
(a) The English.
(b) The public.
(c) The Amish.
(d) The press.
4. What happens when the prosecutor cross-examines Samuel?
(a) He stands his ground.
(b) He withdraws and is sullen.
(c) He breaks down and cries.
(d) He professes his love for Katie.
5. What was the prosecution's first question?
(a) If Katie could tell the jury the events of that night.
(b) If Katie knew the baby was dead.
(c) If Katie killed the baby.
(d) If Katie knew what she was on trial for.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Katie get the rest of the way home after she jumps out of the car?
2. What does Coop speak about on the stand?
3. In her closing argument, what does Ellie say Katie is so intent on?
4. What is the prosecutor able to suggest to the jury through Jacob's testimony?
5. Why does Katie continue to insist she doesn't know how the baby died?
Short Essay Questions
1. After the pathologist's testimony, what did Katie do on the way home to the farm?
2. What does Katie say about the baby's death when she takes the stand?
3. In Chapter 10, when Jacob returns to the farm again, what does he say and what is his father's response?
4. What was Katie's reaction to the plea bargain?
5. What happened when Ellie returned to the Fisher farm the first night of trial?
6. In Chapter 10, why wasn't Katie comfortable with the insanity defense?
7. Why did the pathologist's testimony send the prosecutor into a tailspin?
8. What do Katie and Ellie agree on about Katie's defense in Chapter 10?
9. What does Katie's reaction to Adam in the courtroom suggest to the jury?
10. What is Lizzie convincing the district attorney of in Chapter 9?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)