|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Katie stop on the way home?
(a) The barn.
(b) The cemetery.
(d) Samuel's house.
2. Which two characters are alone in the conference room at the end of the day?
(a) Katie and Ellie.
(b) Adam and Katie.
(c) Ellie and Coop.
(d) Katie and Jacob.
3. What did Ellie get the medical examiner to admit to?
(a) That the baby was stillborn.
(b) That the baby was beaten, but only after death.
(c) That the baby could have died of natural causes.
(d) That the baby was never breathing on its own.
4. In her closing argument, what does Ellie say Katie is so intent on?
(a) Denying that she killed her baby.
(b) Confessing her sins.
(c) Lying to the jury.
(d) Telling the truth.
5. When the state appointed psychiatrist talks with Katie, what does Katie remember besides her pregnancy?
(a) Disposing of the baby.
(c) Killing the baby.
(d) The actual birth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can Katie not be at the trial?
2. What does Katie sign in Part 2, Chapter 17?
3. What else does the prosecution ask Coop about, besides Katie?
4. Katie tells the prosecution that she killed the baby but refuses to say what?
5. What happens on the way out of the courthouse?
Short Essay Questions
1. When the prosecution questions Jacob, what is the prosecution able to suggest about Katie?
2. In Chapter 10, why wasn't Katie comfortable with the insanity defense?
3. In Chapter 10, when Stephen arrives at the Fisher farm, what does Ellie tell him after dinner?
4. What does Katie say about the baby's death when she takes the stand?
5. Who was the first witness and what did the witness say?
6. What does Ellie get the medical examiner to admit during his testimony?
7. What was the punishment Katie received from the elders of the church?
8. What is Lizzie convincing the district attorney of in Chapter 9?
9. What happened when Ellie returned to the Fisher farm the first night of trial?
10. What do the prosecutor and Ellie say in their opening arguments?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)