|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who ends the relationship between Ellie and Stephen?
2. What happens when the prosecutor cross-examines Samuel?
(a) He professes his love for Katie.
(b) He withdraws and is sullen.
(c) He stands his ground.
(d) He breaks down and cries.
3. Who does Ellie call first in her defense during the trial?
4. What was the prosecution's first question?
(a) If Katie knew what she was on trial for.
(b) If Katie knew the baby was dead.
(c) If Katie killed the baby.
(d) If Katie could tell the jury the events of that night.
5. When Ellie had a guest for dinner, who showed up to see her?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Katie insist that Ellie ask the judge?
2. What does the psychiatrist agree with Coop about?
3. After Jacob comes home, what or who is Katie growing increasingly unhappy with?
4. When the state appointed psychiatrist talks with Katie, what does Katie remember besides her pregnancy?
5. What did Ellie get the medical examiner to admit to?
Short Essay Questions
1. After the pathologist's testimony, what did Katie do on the way home to the farm?
2. In Chapter 10, why wasn't Katie comfortable with the insanity defense?
3. What does Coop say to try to help Ellie after Katie signs a waiver saying that Ellie advised her against testifying?
4. In Chapter 10, when Jacob returns to the farm again, what does he say and what is his father's response?
5. When the prosecution questions Jacob, what is the prosecution able to suggest about Katie?
6. What do the prosecutor and Ellie say in their closing arguments?
7. In Chapter 9, what does the friend who visits Katie a few days after the girl had a date with Samuel, say to Katie?
8. What does Ellie get the medical examiner to admit during his testimony?
9. Why is Ellie nervous about telling Coop about her pregnancy?
10. Who was the first witness and what did the witness say?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)