|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Katie stop on the way home?
(b) The cemetery.
(c) The barn.
(d) Samuel's house.
2. What does Lizzie suggest as a possible motive of murder?
(a) That the Amish frown on babies out of wedlock.
(b) That Aaron knows who the father of the baby was.
(c) That Katie's brother knew who the father of the baby was.
(d) That Katie's long time boyfriend is not the baby's father.
3. What else does the prosecution ask Coop about, besides Katie?
(a) His relationship with Ellie.
(b) His view on the entire situation.
(c) His discussions with the rest of the Fisher family.
(d) His childhood.
4. How does Katie get the rest of the way home after she jumps out of the car?
(a) A horse.
(c) Another car.
(d) A buggy.
5. How does the medical examiner believe the baby was murdered?
(a) By knife wound.
(b) By suffocation.
(c) By being kicked by a cow.
(d) By being shot.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Adam is on the stand, what does the prosecutor make light of?
2. What happens when the prosecutor cross-examines Samuel?
3. Where does Adam ask Ellie and Coop to go?
4. Who makes overtures at Katie?
5. When the state appointed psychiatrist talks with Katie, what does Katie remember besides her pregnancy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Katie say about the baby's death when she takes the stand?
2. What do Katie and Ellie agree on about Katie's defense in Chapter 10?
3. What happened when Ellie returned to the Fisher farm the first night of trial?
4. What does Katie reveal at the end of Chapter 13?
5. What does Katie admit to Ellie at the end of Chapter 16?
6. What does Katie's reaction to Adam in the courtroom suggest to the jury?
7. Why did the pathologist's testimony send the prosecutor into a tailspin?
8. In Chapter 10, why wasn't Katie comfortable with the insanity defense?
9. What does Ellie get the medical examiner to admit during his testimony?
10. What do the prosecutor and Ellie say in their closing arguments?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)