|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ellie use to warn Katie against testifying?
(a) Adam's letters.
(b) Jacob's experience.
(c) Samuel's testimony.
(d) Adam's testimony.
2. Where does Ellie take Katie to visit while she decides on the plea bargain?
(a) Jacob, at school.
(b) Leda's house.
(c) Ellie's house.
(d) The jail.
3. Who got upset on the stand during the trial?
(a) The pathologist.
4. How many years in prison did the plea bargain include?
5. What does Adam slip out of the witness chair to give Katie?
(b) A letter.
(c) A picture of them from last year.
(d) A hug.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ellie know she is pregnant?
2. Who was at the Fisher house when Ellie returned to the house after working in the field as harvest time arrives?
3. What does Ellie convince the judge to do?
4. When the state appointed psychiatrist talks with Katie, what does Katie remember besides her pregnancy?
5. Who testified that Katie often visited her brother at school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Katie admit to Ellie at the end of Chapter 16?
2. What was Katie's reaction to the plea bargain?
3. What was the punishment Katie received from the elders of the church?
4. What does Coop suggest when Ellie goes to him as a sounding board for a new defense strategy in Chapters 11-12?
5. What is Lizzie convincing the district attorney of in Chapter 9?
6. Who was the first witness and what did the witness say?
7. What do the prosecutor and Ellie say in their closing arguments?
8. What does Ellie get the medical examiner to admit during his testimony?
9. Why do Katie's lies feel like betrayal to Ellie?
10. In Chapter 10, why wasn't Katie comfortable with the insanity defense?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)