|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ellie speak to Aaron, and then the bishop, about needing?
(a) A car to get to and from the courthouse.
(b) Electricity for her cell phone.
(c) Electricity for her laptop.
(d) A telephone line.
2. Who does Samuel admit to loving?
3. Why did the doctors send Katie to the emergency room?
(a) To remove a brain tumor.
(b) To remove a baby.
(c) To stop the bleeding.
(d) To remove her spleen.
4. What did Samuel and Katie never do?
(a) Be intimate.
(b) Be blessed by the bishop.
(c) Be alone together.
(d) Be married.
5. What does Ellie do after dinner the first night at the Fisher's?
(a) Speaks with Katie's parents.
(b) Reads a book aloud with the family.
(c) Nothing. She is bored because there is no TV to watch or books to read.
(d) Nothing. Goes to bed right after dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gets frustrated and yells at Katie, when Katie still refuses to acknowledge she had a baby?
2. Who doesn't want Katie to go to church with the family the morning after Katie's arrest and release?
3. Where was Jacob when Katie's sister drowned in the pond?
4. Whose house are services held at the first Sunday after Katie is arrested and released?
5. What does Katie say is the "Amish way?"
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Stephen and Ellie discuss on the phone in Chapter 6?
2. In Chapter 8, why can't Ellie arrange to see Jacob once Leda tells Ellie about Jacob's existence?
3. How did Levi, a farm hand, find the baby?
4. Describe what happens at the baby's funeral in Chapter 6?
5. What is a dissociative state and when can it occur?
6. What does Samuel admit to the bishop in Chapter 7?
7. In Chapters 2-3, who was excited that Ellie had successfully gotten an acquittal for a man who sexually abused several girls, and what did this person do for Ellie?
8. In Chapter 7, what does Ellie want to know when she confronts Katie after she learns from Lizzie that Samuel had never been intimate with Katie?
9. In Chapter 6, why does Katie agree to confess her sins at the next church meeting as the bishop and church leaders have asked her to do?
10. How does the bishop provide Ellie with electricity for her laptop?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)