|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What charge did Ellie successfully defend a man from?
(a) Murdering several family members.
(b) Murdering several girls.
(c) Sexually abusing several girls.
(d) Murdering his two close friends.
2. What was the bishop going to ask Samuel to do in Part 1, Chapter 7?
(a) Confess at the next church meeting.
(b) Be banished from the Amish Community.
(c) Do nothing at all.
(d) Marry Katie.
3. Who was less then accepting of Ellie's presence in Katie's home at the beginning?
(a) Katie's mother.
(b) Katie's brother.
(c) Katie's father.
(d) Katie's sister.
4. What does Ellie do when she returns home from walking around the Fisher property in the evening?
(a) Helps prepare dinner.
(b) Goes to her room to make notes for Katie's defense.
(c) Sits and talks with Katie's parents.
(d) Helps with the evening farm chores.
5. What died once placed in Katie's care?
(a) A child.
(b) A baby horse.
(c) A cow.
(d) A kitten.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Katie join when she became a teenager?
2. What does Ellie do after dinner the first night at the Fisher's?
3. What does Ellie make clear to Coop about their relationship?
4. Where does Katie give birth?
5. What does Ellie feel guilty about bringing into the barn?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what happens at the baby's funeral in Chapter 6?
2. What do Stephen and Ellie discuss on the phone in Chapter 6?
3. In Chapter 8, what is the reason that the author says Katie's father considers Jacob dead?
4. Why does Ellie initially get frustrated and think it will be difficult to defend Katie?
5. What did Lizzie learn in her discussion with Sarah in Chapter 7?
6. In Chapter 1, why does Ellie Hathaway take Katie's case?
7. How does the bishop provide Ellie with electricity for her laptop?
8. In Chapter 7, what did Katie recall when Samuel confessed to Katie that he wished the baby was his as well?
9. When Stephen is annoyed that Ellie missed the interview and embarrassed him, what did Ellie realize?
10. What happened on Sunday night in Chapter 5 that reminded Ellie that Katie was still lying about not having a baby and what did it make Ellie wonder?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)