|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arranged to be a witness at trial?
2. What does Ellie ask for money for at the pretrial hearing?
(a) A rental car to get back and forth from the Fisher farm to the Courthouse during the trial.
(b) A hotel for her and Katie during the trial.
(c) A state appointed psychiatrist.
(d) For a new laptop, after hers was ruined at the Fisher farm.
3. When Ellie cross examines Lizzie, what does she argue about the footprint found near the baby's body?
(a) That the shoeprint is contaminated.
(b) That the shoeprint isn't good enough for a match.
(c) That it could have been put there by the boy that found the body.
(d) That it's a male shoeprint.
4. What does Lizzie suggest as a possible motive of murder?
(a) That Aaron knows who the father of the baby was.
(b) That Katie's brother knew who the father of the baby was.
(c) That Katie's long time boyfriend is not the baby's father.
(d) That the Amish frown on babies out of wedlock.
5. What happens to Coop's testimony at the beginning?
(a) It hurts Katie's case.
(b) It is stoic and factual.
(c) It is a chronology of the events as Coop has witnessed them.
(d) It turns intensely personal.
6. Who got upset on the stand during the trial?
(c) The pathologist.
7. Who is the third witness on the stand at Katie's trial?
(a) The pathologist.
(c) The psychiatrist.
(d) The medical examiner.
8. What occurred at the hearing in the judge's office?
(a) Ellie asked for a new psychiatrist.
(b) A trial date was set.
(c) Ellie asked for more time.
(d) Ellie asks for the prosecution's evidence against Katie.
9. What is the prosecutor able to suggest to the jury through Jacob's testimony?
(a) That Katie has a habit of lying to her family.
(b) That Katie knew she had baby, and didn't care.
(c) That Katie is a good girl, but made one mistake.
(d) That Katie knew she had killed her baby.
10. Where does Ellie take Katie when Katie gets into the courthouse?
(a) The courtroom.
(b) The bathroom.
(c) The private lobby.
(d) The judge's chambers.
11. What virtue is not part of the Amish way?
(a) Being with a non-Amish man.
(b) Having a baby.
(c) Lying to family.
(d) Lying to friends.
12. What does Ellie convince the judge to do?
(a) Move the trial to a different city.
(b) Allow Ellie to change her defense.
(c) Postpone the trial for 2 more months.
(d) Drop the murder charge against Katie.
13. Who was at the Fisher house when Ellie returned to the house after working in the field as harvest time arrives?
14. Who ends the relationship between Ellie and Stephen?
15. What does Katie insist that Ellie ask the judge?
(a) If they can go home for afternoon milking.
(b) If they can start later tomorrow to allow time for the morning milking.
(c) If she can leave early to help till the fields.
(d) If Katie can skip the trial to stay home and do farm work.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ellie take Katie to visit while she decides on the plea bargain?
2. When the state appointed psychiatrist talks with Katie, what does Katie remember besides her pregnancy?
3. What does Samuel speak about on the stand?
4. How much longer does Ellie have to prepare for trial after the hearing in the judge's office?
5. Where does Adam ask Ellie and Coop to go?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)