|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the local bishop?
2. When the bishop announces after the services that there will be no meeting afterward, what does that mean for Katie?
(a) That the elders have chosen later in the evening to punish her.
(b) That the elders have shunned her.
(c) That the elders believe her father will deal best with punishing her.
(d) That the elders have chosen not to punish her at that time.
3. Who agreed to accept responsibility and supervise Katie prior to trial?
4. Who showed up at the farm to hunt for a motive in the case?
5. What does Katie do at the cemetery?
(a) She clings to Ellie and cries.
(b) She flees the cemetery.
(c) She clings to her mother.
(d) She falls to her knees and cries.
6. What does Stephen state on the phone is the reason Ellie moved to the Fisher farm?
(a) To get him to think she was a soft-hearted woman.
(b) To move away from him.
(c) To get him to propose to her.
(d) To get his attention.
7. Why did Ellie's Aunt Leda leave the Amish community?
(a) She didn't agree with the Amish way of life.
(b) She didn't want to marry the Amish man her father picked for her to marry.
(c) She married a Mennonite.
(d) She wanted non-Amish children.
8. Why is Ellie frustrated by Katie's continued denials that she has given birth or injured the baby?
(a) Because Ellie thinks Katie knows and is lying.
(b) Because Ellie is concerned Katie is not allowing herself to grieve.
(c) Because Ellie is convinced she is guilty.
(d) Because of the medical and physical evidence against it.
9. Whose existence does Leda tell Elie about?
10. What didn't Katie do before she fell asleep?
(a) Cut the baby's umbilical cord.
(b) Hold the baby in her arms.
(c) Give the baby to the doctor at the hospital.
(d) Wrap the baby to keep him warm.
11. What does Katie say to Ellie when they first arrive at Katie's farm and have a few minutes alone?
(a) Katie divulges whose child the baby really is and why she is protecting her.
(b) Katie says nothing, and instead runs out of the house, crying.
(c) Katie breaks down and tells Ellie all about the birth.
(d) Katie still flatly refuses to admit to having the baby at all.
12. What does Ellie do before returning to bed after watching Katie speak to someone who wasn't there?
(a) Calls her Mennonite aunt on her cell phone.
(b) Calls her law firm boyfriend on her cell phone.
(c) Calls her old boyfriend from college on her cell phone.
(d) Calls her mother on her cell phone.
13. What were Katie, Ellie, and Sarah canning?
14. Who does Lizzie Munro not interview?
(b) Aaron Fisher.
(c) The farmhands.
(d) Mr. Fisher.
15. Why does Katie fail the second lie detector test?
(a) She lied about killing the baby.
(b) She was asked where she was the night the baby was born.
(c) She was asked about the baby.
(d) She lied about liking Ellie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who summoned Katie out of bed in the middle of the night with a flashlight?
2. What has the community labeled the baby's death as?
3. Who refused to meet with Lizzie when she came to the farm?
4. What does Ellie do after dinner the first night at the Fisher's?
5. What does Katie think when Ellie explains the English judicial system to her?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)