|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Katie give to the baby to suck on after he is born?
(a) A bottle.
(b) Her thumb.
(c) A pacifier.
(d) Her pinkie.
2. What does Ellie feel guilty about bringing into the barn?
(a) A telephone line.
(b) An inverter.
(c) A desktop computer.
(d) A lamp.
3. Where does Katie believe the baby is when she wakes up from her post-delivery nap?
(a) With God, in answer to her prayers.
(b) With her brother at the hospital.
(c) With her parents in the house.
(d) At the church with the priest.
4. Of what did Lizzie convince the doctor in the emergency room so she could learn about Katie's condition?
(a) That she was a family friend.
(b) That she was Katie's lawyer.
(c) That she was Katie's sister.
(d) That she was Katie's mother.
5. What does Stephen state on the phone is the reason Ellie moved to the Fisher farm?
(a) To get him to propose to her.
(b) To move away from him.
(c) To get his attention.
(d) To get him to think she was a soft-hearted woman.
6. What does Lizzie Munro first think when the police are called to the farm?
(a) That she is too tired to deal with the farm peoples' problems this morning.
(b) That the Amish should have their own police force.
(c) That the police should get more clarification on the situation before going to the farm.
(d) That it is nothing more than a misunderstanding since felonies are rare on Amish farms.
7. Who stood by Lizzie's car and relaxed once Lizzie showed the car off?
8. When Katie and Jacob went to the pond the first anniversary of their sister's death, what did Katie see for the first time?
(a) Her sister's ghost floating over the water in the night sky.
(c) The pond in the darkness.
(d) Her sister ghost skating over the pond.
9. Who gets frustrated and yells at Katie, when Katie still refuses to acknowledge she had a baby?
10. What test does Katie pass on the first try?
(a) A sobriety test.
(b) A test on the legal system.
(c) A lie detector test.
(d) A test on Amish culture.
11. Who summoned Katie out of bed in the middle of the night with a flashlight?
12. When the reporters show up the first night at the family home, what does Katie's father do?
(a) Stands stoically before the cameras to protect his family.
(b) Fires a shotgun at the reporters.
(c) Says nothing, but shelters the family inside the house.
(d) Threatens the reporters if they don't leave his property.
13. Who was less then accepting of Ellie's presence in Katie's home at the beginning?
(a) Katie's mother.
(b) Katie's brother.
(c) Katie's sister.
(d) Katie's father.
14. Where was Jacob when Katie's sister drowned in the pond?
(a) Running back to the family home to get his parents.
(b) Reading in the barn.
(c) Swimming towards her in the pond.
(d) Standing there, but unable to save her.
15. What did Samuel and Katie never do?
(a) Be intimate.
(b) Be alone together.
(c) Be blessed by the bishop.
(d) Be married.
Short Answer Questions
1. What charge did Ellie successfully defend a man from?
2. When Aaron rushes Ellie, Katie and Sarah into a buggy, where do they go?
3. What state do Ellie and Coop discuss on the porch over lemonade?
4. What is Coop's occupation?
5. Who agreed to accept responsibility and supervise Katie prior to trial?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)