|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Katie accused of doing?
(a) Killing her father.
(b) Killing her brother.
(c) Killing a neighbor's dog.
(d) Killing her innocent newborn son.
2. Whose existence does Leda tell Elie about?
3. What does Lizzie Munro first think when the police are called to the farm?
(a) That it is nothing more than a misunderstanding since felonies are rare on Amish farms.
(b) That she is too tired to deal with the farm peoples' problems this morning.
(c) That the Amish should have their own police force.
(d) That the police should get more clarification on the situation before going to the farm.
4. When Ellie thinks about having to formulate Katie's defense, what is she frustrated at?
(a) The tight lipped Amish community.
(b) The lack of cooperation Ellie will get from Katie and her parents.
(c) The prosecutor's unwillingness to negotiate.
(d) Having to live at Katie's house while she defends Katie.
5. What does Katie do at the cemetery?
(a) She falls to her knees and cries.
(b) She flees the cemetery.
(c) She clings to her mother.
(d) She clings to Ellie and cries.
6. In Part One, Chapter 5, why does Katie wake at night and cry out in pain?
(a) Because she feels herself having contractions.
(b) Because her breasts are swollen with milk.
(c) Because she feels the emotional loss of her baby.
(d) Because she had a nightmare about her trial.
7. Who was Katie talking to in the middle of the night when she left the house?
(a) Her grandfather.
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) Her dead sister.
(d) Her dead brother.
8. Where does Katie give birth?
(a) At college with her roommate.
(b) At the local hospital with her parents.
(c) Alone in a milking barn.
(d) In her brother's apartment.
9. Why did Ellie's Aunt Leda leave the Amish community?
(a) She didn't want to marry the Amish man her father picked for her to marry.
(b) She married a Mennonite.
(c) She wanted non-Amish children.
(d) She didn't agree with the Amish way of life.
10. What does Ellie make clear to Coop about their relationship?
(a) That she is open to trying something again.
(b) That their relationship never existed.
(c) That they are strictly friends.
(d) That she is done with their relationship.
11. Why does Ellie decide she must mount an insanity plea?
(a) Because Katie screams out in her dreams about killing the baby.
(b) Because Katie continues to deny having the baby.
(c) Because Katie believes Samuel is the devil.
(d) Because no one in the Amish community will talk about the baby.
12. What does Ellie do after dinner the first night at the Fisher's?
(a) Nothing. Goes to bed right after dinner.
(b) Speaks with Katie's parents.
(c) Nothing. She is bored because there is no TV to watch or books to read.
(d) Reads a book aloud with the family.
13. What saddens Samuel on the way home from the party?
(a) Katie refuses to acknowledge another relationship, let alone a baby.
(b) Katie accuses Samuel of stealing the baby.
(c) Katie accuses Samuel of killing the baby.
(d) Katie tells Samuel about killing the baby.
14. Who confesses to Katie that he has been wishing the baby was theirs?
(a) The Bishop.
15. Of what did Lizzie convince the doctor in the emergency room so she could learn about Katie's condition?
(a) That she was Katie's mother.
(b) That she was Katie's lawyer.
(c) That she was a family friend.
(d) That she was Katie's sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Jacob when Katie visited him?
2. What is Coop's occupation?
3. Who does Ellie witness Katie having a conversation with, without any emotion, after the party has ended?
4. Who stood by Lizzie's car and relaxed once Lizzie showed the car off?
5. Who refused to meet with Lizzie when she came to the farm?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)