|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why wouldn't Sarah supervise her daughter, Katie, so that Katie could be released pending trial?
(a) Because she didn't believe her daughter's story.
(b) Because she didn't live near Katie and didn't want to drive to court every day during the trial.
(c) Because she hated Katie and wanted her found guilty.
(d) Because she couldn't accept responsibility due to Amish guidelines.
2. Why does Katie fail the second lie detector test?
(a) She lied about killing the baby.
(b) She lied about liking Ellie.
(c) She was asked about the baby.
(d) She was asked where she was the night the baby was born.
3. What did Lizzie see on Katie that made her suspicious?
(a) Blood running down Katie's leg.
(b) Katie staying silent.
(c) Katie running out of the barn.
(d) Katie didn't show any love to the baby.
4. What is Levi looking for when he finds the baby?
(a) A change of clothes.
(b) A lamp.
(d) A pitchfork.
5. Why is Ellie frustrated by Katie's continued denials that she has given birth or injured the baby?
(a) Because Ellie is convinced she is guilty.
(b) Because Ellie thinks Katie knows and is lying.
(c) Because Ellie is concerned Katie is not allowing herself to grieve.
(d) Because of the medical and physical evidence against it.
6. Who was less then accepting of Ellie's presence in Katie's home at the beginning?
(a) Katie's father.
(b) Katie's sister.
(c) Katie's mother.
(d) Katie's brother.
7. What did Samuel and Katie never do?
(a) Be married.
(b) Be alone together.
(c) Be intimate.
(d) Be blessed by the bishop.
8. Who is the owner of the farm where the baby is found?
(a) Aaron Fisher.
(b) Lizzie Munro.
(d) Ellie Hathaway.
9. Why did Ellie miss the interview at the law firm?
(a) She lost track of time.
(b) She was in the hospital.
(c) She decided not to go.
(d) Her car broke down.
10. Who doesn't want Katie to go to church with the family the morning after Katie's arrest and release?
11. What does Lizzie Munro first think when the police are called to the farm?
(a) That she is too tired to deal with the farm peoples' problems this morning.
(b) That the Amish should have their own police force.
(c) That it is nothing more than a misunderstanding since felonies are rare on Amish farms.
(d) That the police should get more clarification on the situation before going to the farm.
12. What is the name of the local bishop?
13. What does Stephen state on the phone is the reason Ellie moved to the Fisher farm?
(a) To get his attention.
(b) To get him to propose to her.
(c) To move away from him.
(d) To get him to think she was a soft-hearted woman.
14. What didn't Katie do before she fell asleep?
(a) Hold the baby in her arms.
(b) Cut the baby's umbilical cord.
(c) Wrap the baby to keep him warm.
(d) Give the baby to the doctor at the hospital.
15. What has the community labeled the baby's death as?
(a) God's Will.
(c) Katie's fault.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the bishop and the church leaders want Katie to do at the next church meeting?
2. What died once placed in Katie's care?
3. What saddens Samuel on the way home from the party?
4. What does Katie give to the baby to suck on after he is born?
5. Why does Ellie decide she must mount an insanity plea?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)