|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Hannah?
(a) Katie's sister.
(b) Katie's dead sister.
(c) Katie's cousin.
(d) Katie's dead cousin.
2. Whose existence does Leda tell Elie about?
3. When Ellie thinks about having to formulate Katie's defense, what is she frustrated at?
(a) The prosecutor's unwillingness to negotiate.
(b) Having to live at Katie's house while she defends Katie.
(c) The lack of cooperation Ellie will get from Katie and her parents.
(d) The tight lipped Amish community.
4. What does Katie say to the bishop's proposal for Katie at the next church meeting?
(a) She agrees.
(b) She agrees, but wants to change how it will be done.
(c) She disagrees.
(d) She disagrees, but says she will do it at another time.
5. Why did Ellie's Aunt Leda leave the Amish community?
(a) She didn't want to marry the Amish man her father picked for her to marry.
(b) She wanted non-Amish children.
(c) She didn't agree with the Amish way of life.
(d) She married a Mennonite.
6. Who was Katie talking to in the middle of the night when she left the house?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) Her dead sister.
(c) Her dead brother.
(d) Her grandfather.
7. What does Ellie do when she returns home from walking around the Fisher property in the evening?
(a) Goes to her room to make notes for Katie's defense.
(b) Helps with the evening farm chores.
(c) Sits and talks with Katie's parents.
(d) Helps prepare dinner.
8. What were Katie, Ellie, and Sarah canning?
9. Where does Katie believe the baby is when she wakes up from her post-delivery nap?
(a) With God, in answer to her prayers.
(b) With her parents in the house.
(c) At the church with the priest.
(d) With her brother at the hospital.
10. Who does Lizzie Munro not interview?
(a) Mr. Fisher.
(b) Aaron Fisher.
(d) The farmhands.
11. Who does Samuel admit to loving?
12. What does the party reveal about some members of the Amish community?
(a) That they think Katie is guilty.
(b) That they don't believe there was a baby.
(c) That they don't believe the baby is Katie's.
(d) That they don't speak English.
13. What does Ellie make clear to Coop about their relationship?
(a) That their relationship never existed.
(b) That she is open to trying something again.
(c) That she is done with their relationship.
(d) That they are strictly friends.
14. Who refused to meet with Lizzie when she came to the farm?
15. Where was Jacob when Katie visited him?
(b) State College.
(c) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Jacob when Katie's sister drowned in the pond?
2. What happens when Katie is getting ready to leave the hospital and go home?
3. Who was less then accepting of Ellie's presence in Katie's home at the beginning?
4. Who agreed to accept responsibility and supervise Katie prior to trial?
5. Where did Katie go in the middle of the night the first night Ellie was at her house?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)