|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters 18-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the bishop announces after the services that there will be no meeting afterward, what does that mean for Katie?
(a) That the elders have shunned her.
(b) That the elders believe her father will deal best with punishing her.
(c) That the elders have chosen later in the evening to punish her.
(d) That the elders have chosen not to punish her at that time.
2. Why does Katie fail the second lie detector test?
(a) She was asked where she was the night the baby was born.
(b) She was asked about the baby.
(c) She lied about killing the baby.
(d) She lied about liking Ellie.
3. What does Katie insist that Ellie ask the judge?
(a) If they can start later tomorrow to allow time for the morning milking.
(b) If Katie can skip the trial to stay home and do farm work.
(c) If they can go home for afternoon milking.
(d) If she can leave early to help till the fields.
4. Who agreed to accept responsibility and supervise Katie prior to trial?
5. Who is Hannah?
(a) Katie's dead cousin.
(b) Katie's sister.
(c) Katie's dead sister.
(d) Katie's cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Aaron rushes Ellie, Katie and Sarah into a buggy, where do they go?
2. What did Samuel and Katie never do?
3. Who is the second witness on the stand at Katie's trial?
4. What infection did the pathologist believe Katie had contracted?
5. Where does Katie stop on the way home?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)