|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters 11-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ellie decide she must mount an insanity plea?
(a) Because no one in the Amish community will talk about the baby.
(b) Because Katie believes Samuel is the devil.
(c) Because Katie screams out in her dreams about killing the baby.
(d) Because Katie continues to deny having the baby.
2. Why did Ellie's Aunt Leda leave the Amish community?
(a) She married a Mennonite.
(b) She didn't agree with the Amish way of life.
(c) She wanted non-Amish children.
(d) She didn't want to marry the Amish man her father picked for her to marry.
3. Who summoned Katie out of bed in the middle of the night with a flashlight?
4. What goes against the essence of the Amish faith?
(b) Talking to outsiders.
(d) Going to an English city.
5. What test does Katie pass on the first try?
(a) A sobriety test.
(b) A test on Amish culture.
(c) A lie detector test.
(d) A test on the legal system.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ellie take Katie to visit while she decides on the plea bargain?
2. Who is the owner of the farm where the baby is found?
3. Who objected to Jacob remaining a part of the family as much as possible under the bann?
4. Of what did Lizzie convince the doctor in the emergency room so she could learn about Katie's condition?
5. Who confesses to Katie that he has been wishing the baby was theirs?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)