|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Ellie and Katie do after services, when Aaron and Sarah go to visit friends?
(a) Go home and do work on the family farm.
(b) Go into town and talk at a local coffee shop.
(c) Go home and cook.
(d) Take a walk by the pond.
2. Where was Jacob when Katie visited him?
(b) State College.
(d) New York.
3. What is a good sign that members of the community will be willing to help Ellie?
(a) When the Fisher family allows her to stay in their home.
(b) When the Fisher family takes her to church.
(c) When Katie starts talking to her.
(d) When the bishop stands up for her.
4. What does the party reveal about some members of the Amish community?
(a) That they think Katie is guilty.
(b) That they don't speak English.
(c) That they don't believe there was a baby.
(d) That they don't believe the baby is Katie's.
5. What was the bishop going to ask Samuel to do in Part 1, Chapter 7?
(a) Be banished from the Amish Community.
(b) Marry Katie.
(c) Confess at the next church meeting.
(d) Do nothing at all.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who showed up at the farm to hunt for a motive in the case?
2. Who confesses to Katie that he has been wishing the baby was theirs?
3. What didn't Katie do before she fell asleep?
4. Of what did Lizzie convince the doctor in the emergency room so she could learn about Katie's condition?
5. What was Ellie surprised to find the Fisher home filled with, despite the lack of electricity?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)