|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the doctors send Katie to the emergency room?
(a) To remove a brain tumor.
(b) To remove her spleen.
(c) To stop the bleeding.
(d) To remove a baby.
2. Where does Katie give birth?
(a) In her brother's apartment.
(b) Alone in a milking barn.
(c) At college with her roommate.
(d) At the local hospital with her parents.
3. What was Katie fighting the doctors about doing at the hospital?
(a) A full physical exam.
(b) A mental health exam.
(c) A pelvic exam.
(d) A brain scan.
4. Why did Ellie's Aunt Leda leave the Amish community?
(a) She wanted non-Amish children.
(b) She married a Mennonite.
(c) She didn't want to marry the Amish man her father picked for her to marry.
(d) She didn't agree with the Amish way of life.
5. What does Katie say to Ellie when they first arrive at Katie's farm and have a few minutes alone?
(a) Katie divulges whose child the baby really is and why she is protecting her.
(b) Katie says nothing, and instead runs out of the house, crying.
(c) Katie breaks down and tells Ellie all about the birth.
(d) Katie still flatly refuses to admit to having the baby at all.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Katie is getting ready to leave the hospital and go home?
2. What does Lizzie Munro first think when the police are called to the farm?
3. Where does Levi find the baby?
4. What does Ellie do after dinner the first night at the Fisher's?
5. What does Ellie do before returning to bed after watching Katie speak to someone who wasn't there?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)