|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the bishop announces after the services that there will be no meeting afterward, what does that mean for Katie?
(a) That the elders have chosen later in the evening to punish her.
(b) That the elders have chosen not to punish her at that time.
(c) That the elders have shunned her.
(d) That the elders believe her father will deal best with punishing her.
2. Where did Katie go in the middle of the night the first night Ellie was at her house?
(a) Down to the pond.
(b) Next door to the neighbor's farm.
(c) Across the fields.
(d) To the family barn.
3. What is the name of the local bishop?
4. What does Katie say is the "Amish way?"
(a) To avoid contact with anyone in the community until you are "righted."
(b) To stay silent near the elders unless they ask you to speak.
(c) To stay with your family in troubled times.
(d) To confess, even if she didn't do anything.
5. Where does Katie believe the baby is when she wakes up from her post-delivery nap?
(a) With her parents in the house.
(b) At the church with the priest.
(c) With God, in answer to her prayers.
(d) With her brother at the hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Ellie frustrated by Katie's continued denials that she has given birth or injured the baby?
2. Where does Levi find the baby?
3. What does the party reveal about some members of the Amish community?
4. What does Katie say to Ellie when they first arrive at Katie's farm and have a few minutes alone?
5. Who does Ellie witness Katie having a conversation with, without any emotion, after the party has ended?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)