|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Katie fail the second lie detector test?
(a) She lied about killing the baby.
(b) She was asked about the baby.
(c) She lied about liking Ellie.
(d) She was asked where she was the night the baby was born.
2. What does Ellie invite Stephen to do at the Fischer's?
(a) Watch the trial.
(b) Stay for lunch.
(c) Stay for dinner.
(d) Be Ellie's co-counsel.
3. Who was working in the fields with the Fishers as harvest time arrived?
4. What does Katie say to the bishop's proposal for Katie at the next church meeting?
(a) She disagrees, but says she will do it at another time.
(b) She disagrees.
(c) She agrees, but wants to change how it will be done.
(d) She agrees.
5. In Part One, Chapter 5, why does Katie wake at night and cry out in pain?
(a) Because her breasts are swollen with milk.
(b) Because she had a nightmare about her trial.
(c) Because she feels herself having contractions.
(d) Because she feels the emotional loss of her baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Katie do at the cemetery?
2. What charge did Ellie successfully defend a man from?
3. Where was Jacob when Katie's sister drowned in the pond?
4. What saddens Samuel on the way home from the party?
5. What was the event at which one of the Amish ladies insisted Katie stay away from her infant child?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)