|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters 14-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part One, Chapter 5, why does Katie wake at night and cry out in pain?
(a) Because she feels herself having contractions.
(b) Because her breasts are swollen with milk.
(c) Because she feels the emotional loss of her baby.
(d) Because she had a nightmare about her trial.
2. Who is the father of Ellie's baby?
3. What does Katie do before the elders of the church?
(a) Tells them God loves her and took her baby.
(b) Tells them she blames them for her baby.
(c) Kneels and confesses.
(d) Kneels and prays for her baby.
4. Which two characters are alone in the conference room at the end of the day?
(a) Adam and Katie.
(b) Katie and Ellie.
(c) Katie and Jacob.
(d) Ellie and Coop.
5. What does Ellie use to warn Katie against testifying?
(a) Adam's testimony.
(b) Jacob's experience.
(c) Samuel's testimony.
(d) Adam's letters.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the bishop announces after the services that there will be no meeting afterward, what does that mean for Katie?
2. What does Adam slip out of the witness chair to give Katie?
3. What virtue is not part of the Amish way?
4. Where does Adam ask Ellie and Coop to go?
5. What is the prosecutor able to suggest to the jury through Jacob's testimony?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)