|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom is Fr Paneloux billeted?
2. In his struggle of conscience, who does Rambert resemble?
3. What happens when Rieux tries to get Grand into the car?
4. What was Tarrou's father's occupation?
5. Why is M. Othon's release from camp delayed?
Essay Topic 1
'The Plague shows us the way people deal with adversity.' People's responses to adversity are affected by their strength of character, or the lack thereof, as well as their outlook on life. Examine the popular responses to the plague situation and compare these with Dr. Rieux's.
Essay Topic 2
Some people are of the opinion that the twentieth century produced no greater novel than The Plague. Why do you think people have said this? In your answer, deal with themes and characters.
Essay Topic 3
Weather conditions in Oran are frequently described at important points in the novel. Examine the ways three of these are connected emotionally or thematically with the action and/or characters in the novel.
This section contains 1,018 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)