|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Rambert's wife arriving?
(a) By car.
(b) By air from Casablanca.
(c) By train.
(d) By ship from Marseilles.
2. What criticism is made of Fr Paneloux after the sermon?
(a) That he has committed simony.
(b) That he can't be heard at the back of the church.
(c) That he has committed polysemy.
(d) That he has committed sacrilege.
3. What becomes the last resort for disposal of corpses?
(a) Burial at sea.
(c) Taken to a new cemetery in the desert.
(d) Mass burial.
4. Who receives an invitation to the sermon?
(a) M. Cottard.
(b) Dr. Castel.
(c) Dr. Rieux.
(d) The Prefect.
5. Where is Grand taken for treatment?
(a) A military hospital.
(b) Rieux and Tarrou look after him at home.
(c) The Catholic hospital.
(d) Dr Rieux's home.
6. What does Rambert anticipate happening when he meets his wife again?
(a) Things will be over between them.
(b) She will worry that he has lost weight.
(c) Instant happiness.
(d) He has changed, so will reject her.
7. Why does Tarrou thank Rieux?
(a) For not charging him.
(b) For getting special serum for him.
(c) For telling him the truth.
(d) For looking after him.
8. Having made his decision, what must Rambert now give up?
(a) His job at the newspaper.
(b) His nationality/citizenship.
(c) A large income.
(d) Happiness with his wife.
9. Who is now an important plague victim?
(a) M. Othon's little boy.
(b) M Othon's wife.
(c) Dr. Rieux's mother.
(d) Dr. Castel.
10. When did Tarrou's mother die?
(a) When Tarrou was fifteen.
(b) Ten years previously.
(c) When Tarrou was ten.
(d) Two years previously.
11. What reason does Rieux give for writing his tale of the plague in Oran?
(a) So everyone will know what an important person he has been.
(b) As a gift for his mother and in memory of his wife.
(c) As a record of those who were determined to resist the plague and heal its victims.
(d) To warn people about rats.
12. For which people has the plague not ended?
(a) Staff in the municipal offices.
(b) Priests and nuns.
(c) The doctors.
(d) Those who have no-one to greet them on arrival.
13. What is Tarrou's opinion of his fellow human beings?
(a) He believes they are more bad than good.
(b) He believes they are more selfish than he is.
(c) He believes they lack courage.
(d) He beieves they are more good than bad.
14. What important Christian feast is ignored this year?
(b) The Feast of the Assumption.
(d) All Souls' Day.
15. What was Tarrou's father's occupation?
(a) He was a doctor.
(b) He was a concert pianist.
(c) He was a prosecuting attorney.
(d) He was an undertaker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dr. Castel's work?
2. In what activity has Cottard become involved?
3. What is the result of this treatment?
4. What has Dr. Castel achieved?
5. How is food distributed to the people in the camp?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)