Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Cottard's reaction to the officials?
(a) He flees.
(b) He asks them to join him for dinner.
(c) He offers them cigarettes.
(d) He tells them he has plague.
2. Which character cannot be saved by the serum?
(a) Mme. Rieux.
(b) M. Grand.
(c) M. Othon.
(d) M. Cottard.
3. To what does Tarrou compare lawyers and judges?
(b) The elders of the Church.
(d) The plague.
4. What is the situation with food supply?
(a) It is thought that this will soon improve.
(b) Food needs to be imported.
(c) There is no more flour for brioche.
(d) The town is about to run out of food.
5. How is Tarrou reminded of his mother?
(a) Madame Rieux is quite similar..
(b) A cafe waitress.
(c) He sees a portrait of Rieux's wife and sees a resemblance.
(d) Mme Othon is quite similar.
6. What is taking place in the town?
(a) Joyful celebration.
(b) Street races.
(d) People are visiting graves of plague victims.
7. Why are individual burials dispensed with?
(a) The gravediggers are threatening to go on strike.
(b) The cemetery is full.
(c) People cannot afford expensive funerals.
(d) The death rate is too high to keep pace.
8. What target audience has Fr Paneloux for his special sermon?
(a) The plague wrkers.
(d) The medical community.
9. The plague is changing in two ways. What is the first way?
(a) People die only every second day.
(b) The death rate climbs dramatically.
(c) The death rate becomes steady,
(d) The death rate drops dramatically.
10. Why is M. Othon's release from camp delayed?
(a) There has been a mistake.
(b) He has not done the paperwork.
(c) There is suspicion that he has plague.
(d) He has upset the Prefect.
11. What is happening across the road from Grand's building?
(a) There is a fire.
(b) Someone is firing shots into the street.
(c) Someone has taken a hostage onto the roof.
(d) Someone is threatening to commit suicide.
12. How has Fr Paneloux assisted the community during the plague?
(a) He has preached supportive sermons.
(b) He has worked in hospitals.
(c) He has researched ancient inscriptions for plague remedies.
(d) He has said Mass every day.
13. What is the prime factor in his decision?
(a) His love.
(b) His conscience.
(c) His finances.
(d) Dr. Rieux's support.
14. What strongly motivates Rambert's plan to escape.
(a) Love for a woman.
(b) Fear of the plague.
(c) Self-love and preservation.
(d) Fear he will lose his job.
15. What is now possible for Rambert?
(a) Writing a world exclusive on the plague in Oran.
(b) His escape from Oran.
(c) A job on Oran's newspaper.
(d) A love affair in Oran.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who ecomes general secretary to the squads of volunteers?
2. What criticism is made of Fr Paneloux after the sermon?
3. Why are newspaper reports optimistic?
4. What is Tarrou's opinion of his fellow human beings?
5. To what does Dr. Rieux confess?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)