|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the city government respond to looting?
(a) All police leave is cancelled.
(b) Martial law is imposed and shops are boarded up at night.
(c) Martial law and a curfew are imposed.
(d) Looters are shot on sight.
2. What does Rieux tell Rambert?
(a) That he might put people in danger.
(b) That there are always other women.
(c) That he is not wrong to put love first.
(d) That it is irresponsible to put love first.
3. What criticism is made of Fr Paneloux after the sermon?
(a) That he has committed sacrilege.
(b) That he can't be heard at the back of the church.
(c) That he has committed polysemy.
(d) That he has committed simony.
4. What is Fr Paneloux's religious order?
(a) He is a Jesuit.
(b) He is a Dominican.
(c) He is a Discalced Carmelite.
(d) He is a Franciscan.
5. What is Dr. Castel's work?
(a) Undertaking research about the rat population.
(b) Treating victims of the plague.
(c) Developing a more effective plague serum.
(d) He is a hospital administrator and Dr. Rieux's boss.
Short Answer Questions
1. What additional friendship has Tarrou made?
2. Who volunteers to help Rieux?
3. How does Rieux find out about his wife's condition?
4. How does Rieux treat the plague victims?
5. What is the character's focus for action in this chapter?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)