|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what important way has the plague changed?
(a) It has become much more severe.
(b) It has changed from pneumonic to bubonic.
(c) It has changed from bubonic to pneumonic.
(d) It has changed from bubonic to harmonic.
2. What important change in people's behavior does Tarrou record?
(a) That everyone laughs, especially drunks.
(b) That they are more tolerant of drunks.
(c) That nobody laughs, except drunks.
(d) That they laugh at the plague.
3. How are people coping as the plague continues?
(a) They are full of fear and drink to excess.
(b) They become very religious and attend Mass evry day.
(c) They become indifferent to what is happening to them.
(d) They are in despair and suicides are frequent.
4. Why is use of the telephone severely restricted?
(a) The lines have been congested.
(b) Because there is only one line available.
(c) It is too expensive.
(d) Because doctors need the phone lines open.
5. What methods does the character use to attain the goal or goals?
(a) Argument and sabotage.
(c) Argument and direct action.
(d) Civil disobedience, sabotage and direct action.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which trio of men develop a close friendship?
2. What reason does Grand give for his problem?
3. Who ecomes general secretary to the squads of volunteers?
4. Who is also in attendance when Cottard is questioned?
5. By what means do influential town leaders hope to resist the plague?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)