Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What measures is the Prefect forced to take?
(a) Arresting anyone who drinks in the street and closing the cinemas.
(b) Traffic control, cinema closure and water rationing.
(c) Putting armed guards at all liquor outlets and rationing water.
(d) Traffic control and rationing of food and electricity.
2. In what way are people allowed to communicate with those outside the city?
(a) They are not allowed to communicate at all.
(b) Mobile phones.
(c) Carrier pigeons.
3. How do people express their feelings after the sermon?
(a) People line up to volunteer to help their fellow citizens.
(b) There is an open forum where people can debate the issues.
(c) There are huge numbers of letters to the editor of the local paper.
(d) There is violence and many people try to escape.
4. What is M. Grand's job?
(a) He is Manager at the Municipal Office.
(b) He is a clerk at the hospital.
(c) He is a bank manager.
(d) He is a clerk in the Municipal Office.
5. Which method is successful for the character in attaining the goal?
(a) None. He fails.
(b) Rational argument.
(c) Civil disobedience.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Fr Paneloux's religious order?
2. What action does the Prefect take?
3. How has Rieux's work-load increased?
4. Who is Jean Tarrou?
5. What does Dr. Rieux think about the illness?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)