|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what does Rieux contrast pictures of the plague through history?
(a) A photograph of his wife.
(b) Pictures of Oran's parks and gardens.
(c) Cottard's predicament.
(d) The tranquil and beautiful spring day.
2. What else does Dr Rieux muse about in relation to the plague?
(a) Its power.
(b) Its symptoms/manifestations.
(c) Its use as a biological weapon.
(d) Its geography.
3. Why is M. Grand an interesting character?
(a) He leads an adventurous life.
(b) His life is not fulfilling, yet there is a mystery about him.
(c) He has solved a great mystery.
(d) He has discovered something amazing hidden in the municipal archives.
4. What causes panic in the town?
(a) The number of rat deaths.
(b) The plague of rats.
(c) The number of people dying from plague.
(d) A possible attack from Germany.
5. Why are the townspeople not told the disease is plague?
(a) The authorities fear a panic will result.
(b) Inspector Clouseau has arrived.
(c) Dr Rieux is panicking.
(d) The authorities are not sure that the disease is.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes with Grand to see Dr Rieux?
2. What human attitude concerns Rieux?
3. Who comes with M. Joseph Grand to see Dr Rieux?
4. Who removes the dead rat from Dr Rieux's landing?
5. Who questions Cottard?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)