Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the focus in the questioning of Cottard?
(a) Tarrou's journal.
(b) Cottard's wife.
(c) Cottard's suicide attempt.
(d) Dr Rieux's professional treatment.
2. Who is also in attendance when Cottard is questioned?
(a) M. Grand.
(b) Inspector Clouseau.
(c) Dr Rieux.
(d) Fr. Pertelote
3. With what does Rieux contrast pictures of the plague through history?
(a) Cottard's predicament.
(b) Pictures of Oran's parks and gardens.
(c) A photograph of his wife.
(d) The tranquil and beautiful spring day.
4. Why is Rieux called out to treat M. Cottard?
(a) M. Cottard has attempted to hang himself.
(b) M. Cottard has pneumonia.
(c) M. Cottard has slashed his wrists.
(d) M. Cottard has suffered a fit.
5. Why does Rieux ask Tarrou to do this?
(a) Because he wants to write an article about it for the Medical Journal.
(b) Because he doesn't speak English.
(c) Because he has terrible handwriting.
(d) Because he is too busy to do it himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rieux treat the plague victims?
2. Where is this information to be found?
3. What is NOT a symptom of the plague?
4. An unusual thing about the city is that:
5. Who is the first victim of the plague?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)