|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rieux find out about his wife's condition?
(a) He writes to the sanatorium,
(b) He calls his wife.
(c) He calls the house physician.
(d) He sends a telegram.
2. Who does Rieux confide in?
(a) Fr Paneloux
(c) His mother.
3. What was the elder Tarrou's obsession?
(b) The railway directory.
(c) Model trains.
(d) Watching court cases.
4. After the sermon, what happens in the town?
(a) People couldn't care less.
(b) People panic.
(c) People are motivated to help the plague victims.
(d) People go back to work.
5. In what activity has Cottard become involved?
(a) Volunteering to assist in the fight against the plague.
(b) Running guns to Mardeilles.
(c) Smuggling. (Profiteering from the plague.)
(d) Writing a novel.
Short Answer Questions
1. In his struggle of conscience, who does Rambert resemble?
2. How does Rieux caution Tarrou?
3. What is the prime factor in his decision?
4. What is one aspect of the plague that Dr Rieux considers?
5. How do people find out about the plague death rate?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)