|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Rieux urge the committee to do?
(a) Get rid of all rats.
(b) Avoid panicking the citizens.
(c) Start public health measures as if the disease is plague.
(d) Inoculate the Prefect with anti-plague serum.
2. What does Dr. Rieux think about the illness?
(a) He thinks it is plague.
(b) He thinks it is tuberculosis.
(c) He thinks it is asthma.
(d) He thinks it is an unknown disease.
3. In what predicament does Rambert find himself?
(a) He is trapped in Oran away from his wife.
(b) He has missed out on a job as Editor of his paper.
(c) He cannot file the news story.
(d) He is afraid to tell anyone he has a fever.
4. Why are the townspeople not told the disease is plague?
(a) Dr Rieux is panicking.
(b) The authorities fear a panic will result.
(c) Inspector Clouseau has arrived.
(d) The authorities are not sure that the disease is.
5. What is one aspect of the plague that Dr Rieux considers?
(a) Its treatment.
(b) Its future.
(c) Its history.
(d) Its cure.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sight disturbs Rieux as he drives home?
2. With what does Rieux contrast pictures of the plague through history?
3. In what way are people allowed to communicate with those outside the city?
4. Why is Rieux called out to treat M. Cottard?
5. How does Rieux treat the plague victims?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)