Two Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do people find out about the plague death rate?
(a) On television.
(b) By word of mouth.
(c) Via radio broadcasts.
(d) By reading the newspapers.
2. What is the apparent result of this weather condition?
(a) The rain refreshes everyone.
(b) There is an increase in the number of plague victims.
(c) The number of plague victims decreases.
(d) Rats are washed into the water supply.
3. What does Tarrou reveal to Rambert about Rieux?
(a) That he is profiteering from the plague.
(b) That his wife is being unfaithful and has left.
(c) That he has been unfaithful and his wife has left him.
(d) That his wife is in a sanatorium in another city.
4. What is Rieux worried about?
(a) That the trains will stop running.
(b) That the disease will get out of hand and kill half the population.
(c) That the disease will affect his wife.
(d) That the people will panic.
5. What is making things difficult for cinema owners?
(a) They are only allowed to show newsreels.
(b) They can't get ushers because of the plague.
(c) They have to charge lower admission fees.
(d) They have no new films to show.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are people seeking pleasure?
2. Who must Rieux take with him when he has to evacuate a plague victim?
3. Which prominent citizen joins the volunteers?
4. Why are the townspeople not told the disease is plague?
5. What sight disturbs Rieux as he drives home?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)